Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa Lite is losing time and it won't sync

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Highly annoyed right now. I contacted customer support last week with this message: My Fitbit is losing time. When I sync it goes back to the right time (same time as my iPhone) but then loses 4-5 minutes within 12 hours of the sync. This started 5 days ago. FYI I have already done the following troubleshooting:
Hard reset x2
Changed the clock face x2
Uninstalled and reinstalled app on my phone
Please do NOT reply telling me to do the exact same thing that I listed above, been there, DONE THAT and nothing has corrected the issue. My Fitbit is less than 1 year old (got it 10/2019)“ 

Got a reply a few days later which gives all indications that my message was not read as they gave me instructions to literally do some of the trouble shooting steps that I ALREADY had done and stated as such in my original message. NOW the issue is even worse, as of yesterday “No device found” and not syncing AND. the time is way off. Time on my iPhone is 13:15 and the time on my versa lite device is 12:04 so now it’s 1 HOUR and 11 minutes behind. Pretty sure the solution will end up being a replacement. Waiting to hear more from customer service. I’m sure I’ll probably have to go through a couple more iterations of them telling me to do all the troubleshooting I’ve already done tho before they will determine to replace it. 😡

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
81 REPLIES 81
I gave up on mine and went back to my old Gear Fit. Its working great. Its
about 4 yrs old and I have had no issues with it. At the time I just wanted
to buy something new and different.
Loretta
Best Answer
0 Votes
It's making me so stressed. I can't even use it to tell the time!

I wonder if I can get a refund?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
Mine is sitting on the shelf now. I thought I had their (supports) ear for awhile but once I started criticizing the service, I haven’t heard from them at all.

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
that's awful. They shouldn't stop until you had a fully functioning fitbit again. There's obviously some fault that has happened that is affecting a lot of people, and they need to actually address it properly. I am waiting to hear back from them.
Best Answer
I Submitted content: They FINALLY sent me a replacement device. It took persistence and a ton of expressed dissatisfaction with the whole **ahem** thing. Good luck getting them to make it right.

Ida
Best Answer

My versa lite is been losing time have tried every thing and it still losing minutes only had my watch since Jan 2020 and rely on it now getting desperate as not a cheap watch a d do rely on it, any other help can any one suggest apart from all the obvious, gave tried every thing  thank you

Best Answer
All they told me was to wait for an update. It's a useless piece of crap.
Went and bought a regular watch. So many people have issues that they are
not replacing it for anyone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am in exactly the same situation. I have spent the past 3 weeks trying to get my fitbit set up/synced. It hasn't synced for 5 days and is 14 HOURS BEHIND. Completely useless. Customer 'support' instruct you to follow the same troubleshooting steps that you have already tried 100s of times to no avail. 

My watch is about 3 months old, this is ridiculous.

Very convenient that the Fitbit return policy is only for 45 days after purchase - what are you supposed to do after that with a defective product?

I'm ordering an Apple watch series 5 today - which I should have just done in the beginning, instead of giving Fitbit any of my money!

Best Answer
Good for you 👍. I hope this one will work much better and last longer.
Again congratulations. Take care.
Loretta
Best Answer
0 Votes

My versa lite started this on Tuesday and I did a factory rest, and everything I read to do and listed here and I guess it is their stupid app and now I have a worthless piece of crap also. 

Best Answer

This is exactly what l was told and l have heard nothing more from them

Best Answer
0 Votes

When you uninstalled how did you get your info back?  Mines all gone and wants me to create a new account.  I uninstalled and did all the same stuff you  did due to the time/syncing problems 

Best Answer
Hi. When I uninstalled the app, I didn't lose the data. I just had to log back into my account. Sorry.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I didn’t lose my data. I am still waiting for more senior support from Fitbit support . I am not going to give up as it is obviously a Fitbit problem a lot of people are reporting this and Fitbit will lose their credibility if they can’t find a fix for this.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is doing the same thing. I have literally just had it a year to the date. Very frustrating. I am now trying to do a hard reset. It worked last night and today it isn't doing anything. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes I've found what works one day, doesn't the next. The problem seems to get progressively worse day by day. Mine won't sync at all now, whatever I do and the time is 6 hours behind. It's just functioning now as a bloomin expensive daily step counter. 😤

Best Answer
0 Votes

I purchased my Versa lite a week ago and am having problems syncing as well.  After reading your message I also noticed my Fitbit is losing time.

Best Answer
Welcome to the family of misfit watches.

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same fudging issue. I did everything suggested here including factory reset of my phone. It just wasted my fudging time. It helped not at all and the restart cause my device to completely unpair from my app forcing me into a day long attempts to reconnect them only for the issue to come back. The stupid support chat doesn't work and I cannot get in touch with anyone. It redirected me to an email address which is apparently defunct.

Best Answer
Thanks. 😒😄

Best Answer
0 Votes