Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa Lite stopped syncing to my Oppo a 53s

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

8.10 yesterday morning syncing stopped between my fitbit versa lite and Oppo a53s phone. The watch was purchased in July 2020 and the phone in November 2020. Syncing has stopped in the past and was easily fixed by un-pairing and re-pairing the bluetooth. Unfortunately not so easy this time as the watch is not even visible by the phone so nothing to pair too. The phone can pair with other devices so presumably not a problem with the phone. Both the phone and watch have been powered down and restarted, both the phone and fitbit are up to date. The phone is connected to wifi, bluetooth is on

Can you please advise on further actions? Syncing issues appear to be quite common so hopefully there is an easy fix!

Thanks

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Hi @MossyCat, welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for trying to troubleshoot the issue with your Versa Lite before reaching out. 

Before anything else, please note that your Oppo A53s is not yet supported by the Fitbit app which would explain the syncing difficulties you're running into. To see the list the compatible devices, see Which phones and tablets can I use with my Fitbit watch or tracker?

Please keep in mind that when a device is not supported and does not meet the require OS we cannot guarantee its functionality with the Fitbit app. It might work at a certain time and then it can stop working out of nowhere after an update. This is because the app is not optimized to that device and any change could impact the performance. 

In addition to the steps you've tried, I'd recommend the following:

• Remove your Versa Lite from your Fitbit account and from your phone's Bluetooth settings.
  • Force quit the Fitbit app.
  • Turn off the Bluetooth.
  • Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes.
  • Turn on the Bluetooth.
  • Setup your Versa Lite again.
  • If there is no connection, restart your Versa Lite.

Hope that helps. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestions. Unfortunately nothing worked ☹️ and now when I try to set up the watch in the app (with the phone bluetooth on and watch charging nearby) it fails in the search. I have now had an opportunity to install the fitbit app on a Samsung J1, iphone 5S and iphone 10x. On each of these phones the app fails to find the watch. Each phone can successfully pair to other devices. I have checked the watch settings and settings>bluetooth has been tested as "on" or "pair". So is there a possibility that there is something wrong with the watch bluetooth? Or is there something really basic I am missing?

Thanks

Donna

Best Answer
0 Votes

My versa will not pair to any device right now either. I have tried all of the trouble shooting options and nothing is working. Very frustrated!! 

Best Answer

@MossyCat Please note that the Samsung J1 is also not compatible with the Fitbit app. Now, with the iPhone 5S and iPhone XS, you can use either of those. However, I suggest to choose one to complete the following steps as using both or more than one mobile device may cause trouble due to the Bluetooth interference. 

That being said, please try the same steps I recommended above:

• Remove your Versa Lite from all your phones' Bluetooth settings (Oppo A53s, J1, iPhone 5S, and iPhone XS)
  • Force quit the Fitbit app on the phone you're actually going to use.
  • Turn off the Bluetooth on all mobile phones.
  • Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes.
  • Turn on the Bluetooth only on the phone you're going to use.
  • Setup your Versa Lite again.
  • If there is no connection, restart your Versa Lite.

@Bnelson3 I totally understand how you must be feeling. Thanks for trying to troubleshoot your watch, I've seen you got in touch with our Support Team after posting here. Please keep a lookout in your inbox to the email address associated with this Fitbit account. Someone will be in contact with you.

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi and thank you for your suggestions. Yep I have gone through that process one by one with each of the phones mentioned but without success. As the watch is still under warranty I have decided to return it as faulty. I have persisted with a fitbit at this stage and the new watch (now a Versa 2) seems to be happily connecting with the OppoA53s. We also tested it on the iphone 10 and it worked well there too. As I have no intention to change phones right now (only bought it 3 months ago!)  this may be a bit risky but I will always have access to the two iphones to test following the instructions above.

Thanks for your assistance

Donna

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MossyCat You're very welcome! I'm glad to hear the retailer where you bought the Versa Lite from exchange it for a Versa 2 which is working as expected. 

I would like to invite you to visit our Health & Wellness where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes