Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa Lite stopped working after swimming

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After swimming in a pool for the first time this summer with versa lite, it has had black screen and no manual reset has worked. I have tried charging to full power and then doing factory reset for several days but no luck. Today the screen finally showed 0% battery so I again tried charging but now I think it is my charger not working. what can I try next? 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
14 REPLIES 14

Hi there, @Ciancic. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for trying to troubleshoot the issue with your Versa Lite before reaching out. 

In addition to the steps you've done so far, please try the following:

• Clean the charging contacts on the back of your device and the pins on your charging cable using the instructions in How do I clean my Fitbit device?
  • If the error "insufficient power source" appears on your device's screen, remove other devices plugged in to your power source, or plug your device in to another source.
  • Try a different USB port or a UL-certified wall charger.
  • Check the alignment and try reconnecting your device to the charging cable. For more information, see How do I charge my Fitbit device?
  • Restart your Fitbit once again. 

Hope that helps. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

None of that worked. What do I do now?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, @SunsetRunner. Welcome on board. I appreciate you had followed the tips and recommendations provided above.

At this moment, I’ve reached the limits of what I can do for you here on the public community forums. The best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected.

We hope your issue is solved soon. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I swam yesterday and the same thing happened. Since it is out of warranty they are only offering a 35% discount on a new device and not replacing the device. This is the 2nd time this has happened. Do not believe them when they say you can swim with it

Best Answer

Update: after a week my Fitbit finally turned on while on the charger. The screen now functions but after removing the device from the app and syncing a few times it still does not register steps and heartbeat. Any suggestions on what to do now? 

Best Answer

Buy a smart watch that actually is waterproof.  My Blaze died after swimming, took the back off water got in from the speaker hole.

Best Answer

They shouldn't advertise that it can be used for pool swimming/fitness if it is only sweat proof.

Best Answer

AGREE. This is clearly a manufacture defect. It happened to me twice (the 2 times that I tried to swim with the Fitbit Versa Lite). The first time I thought it was just my fitbit so I unfortunately swam with the replacement and the same thing happened....black screen/dead. Unbelievable they won't stand behind the product and continue to falsely advertise. I want my $ back or the item replaced. 

Best Answer

I decided because of that that I would purchase my very first Apple Watch! Great customer service and I’ve already been swimming with my Apple Watch! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes...my oldest daughter has her 15 month old in ISR (infant swimming) and several of the instructors wear Apple Watches. My son does triathlons and wears a Garmin Forerunner. Glad there are options that don't falsely advertise like Fitbit and deliver what they promise. 

Best Answer

The same thing happened with mine. They said it was swim proof. I went swimming with it, it wouldn't turn back on. I tried charging it, manually resetting it. Now it will turn on but the step tracker and heartbeat will not register. Was told the same thing, would only offer 35% off a new device. Why would I buy another device when they're clearly selling defective devices that are being marketed with lies. I will never own another fitbit.

Best Answer

Ok that has happened to me too but it was in the pool for 3 seconds and nothing happened until a few days ago the time is wrong and it takes twice as long as it used to

Best Answer

It takes twice as long to turn on 

Best Answer

EXACTLY!! And the product may be fine for other things… But don’t advertise that it works for swimming. It clearly is a manufacture defect and they should refund dollars, or replace the device and you just know that you can’t use it for swimming

Best Answer
0 Votes