Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa Lite stuck on Data not cleared Sync & Try again message

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So I read all the information about the red x and restored to factory twice. Each time it would try to perform the update the second it got to 12% then got the red x again. Now the the watch will not even pair to my phone.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hi there @knsmith5946, welcome to the Community Forums. I'm sorry to hear about the recent issues you've been having with your Versa Lite. Thanks for the details provided in your post and for your efforts in trying to fix the inconvenience prior to posting here. 

Please note that the error message you're now receiving on your watch's screen ("Data not cleared, Sync & Tried and again") usually appears when you've performed a factory reset without first unpairing the watch. Said so, please try the steps below: 

• Remove your Versa Lite from your Fitbit account and unpair it from your phone's Bluetooth.
  • Force quit the Fitbit app.
  • Turn off the Bluetooth.
  • Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes.
  • Turn on the Bluetooth.
  • Setup your Versa Lite again.
  • If there is no connection, restart your Versa Lite.

If you can't get started with your Versa Lite, usually a missing requirement is the cause. Carefully review the requirements provided in the help article: Why can't I set up my Fitbit device? 

Give this a go and let me know if after linking your watch again to the Fitbit app you continue having any kind of difficulties. I'll be around, keep me in the loop.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I followed the instructions and was able to connect but was still unable able to complete update.  It would start but would eventually go back to the red x

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @knsmith5946, thanks for getting back and for the update. 

If you can’t update Fitbit Versa Lite Edition, check the firmware version on your watch:

1. Open the Settings app on your watch > About.
  2. If the number under Version is 38.6.1.1, attach your watch to the charging cable and plug the charging cable into a USB port on your computer before you begin the update.
  3. Keep your Fitbit device close to your phone or tablet to complete the update.
  4. In a few days, you’ll receive another prompt to update your watch. At that point, you can update as normal without plugging your watch into a computer.

If your watch’s current firmware version is different, or you continue to have trouble, follow the troubleshooting steps in the Ionic & Versa series  section by clicking here.

I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good morning 

I am unable to open anything on the watch as the screen has the scrolling message "download the fitbit app" from when it was restored to factory. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @knsmith5946I appreciate you had followed the tips and recommendations provided above. Since this sounds a bit more serious, I've created a support case on your behalf - you should receive an email from Customer Support at the email you used to register with the Community forums. Note that we may take a bit long to get back to you since due to recent events affecting our operations, support options are limited and wait times are longer than usual. 

We hope your issue is solved soon.

Best Answer
0 Votes