Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa Lite won't complete the firmware update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a firmware update for my Versa Lite. After 2 days of waiting for it to finish, the device disconnected and now won’t stay connected for more that 1 minute to finish the update

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi there, @Dmazzyd. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for the details provided in your post about the issue with your Versa Lite. 

For troubleshooting steps steps, I'd recommend to see Why can't I update my Fitbit device?

Hope that helps. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

If it wont stay connected to complete the update, it might e because it has been successfully updated and disconnects from the app on your phone because it's already updated.

I've just finished updating my Versa 2 to firmware v35.72.1.19 as well. My versa 2 says update complete in it's notifications, but the Fit Bit app on my android phone keeps saying to update my tracker, and gets as far as the synching step, then fails and says to retry over bluetooth, then retry over wifi. As per my experience with previous firmware updates I tried once again to update my Versa 2 but the watch tried then reverted back to the normal screen and on checking the settings/about screen on the watch it showed it was updated successfully..

So I went to the apps settings on my android phone and force stopped the Fit Bit app,, then restarted the app.  The app now tells me that my Versa 2 firmware is up to date with v35.72.1.19

So you may want to check your watch and see if it's got v35.72.1.19 in it's settings/about screen, and force stop then restart the Fit Bit app on your phone.

HTH

Best Answer
0 Votes