Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa Lite won't connect

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The ever annoying Support Chat kept disconnecting me so I have no other choice but to put my hope in the community. Essentially, sometime yesterday, my Versa Lite 2 stopped syncing. I looked up solutions and followed the instructions to reset my phone (Huawei P30 Lite) and to finally reset the smartwatch.

And boy did I regret resetting it because after the smartwatch booted, it went into set up mode. I spent about three hours getting the phone to find the watch and additional 2 hours of back and forth until it managed to connect with the watch. When it finally connected, it tried to install firmware update only for it to seemingly fail and basically undo all the progress because the watch started showing the install Fitbit app message while the phone keeps looking for the watch. I am really at my wit's end and need advice on this.

EDIT: The watch now shows a white logo, but seems to alternate between the white logo and the install Fitbit app message. The phone is still looking for Versa Lite and occasionally throws a message about a Firmware update being in progress. However, there is no status bar on the watch. It just alternates between the white logo and the Install Fitbit app message.

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

When it comes to removing a tracker from your Fitbit account, doing so, usually simply adds more problems.

Resetting a tracker, do you mean a restart or a factory reset?

A factory reset should never ever be done unless the tracker is being given away or sold 

Even then I do not worry about it, since it really doesnt do much more than disable Fitbit Pay.

Doing a factory reset for anything else, simply will add even more problems to the few problems already being experienced and has removed the tracker from the Fitbit app and account. Yes Fitbit still thinks the tracker is connected, it is not connected. 

@SunsetRunner may I ask what the current status of your tracket is?

Have you done an add device, as if the tracker was bought this morning?

Best Answer

Sorry for a late answer. I went to get some sleep.

Resetting, I mean holding the button on the side for a few seconds. I simply have no idea what happened as this never happened before. I held the button for a few seconds, it sent a short vibration signal, showed the fitbit logo, and I just left it on my nightstand to boot while I went to get a glass of water. When I returned, it had the install Fitbit app message.

Yes, I went through add a device. It took forever for it to connect and get to the 4 digit code. Then it took a few tries with trying to connect after I've input the code and failing. I would press try again, it would generate a new code, fail again, and I repeated this circle until it connected.

The state remains the same. The app still says Updating Your Fitbit Versa Lite and if I try to exit, it says "The firmware update is in progress, please wait.". The watch shows this white Fitbit logo, then a red X shows up, goes to install Fitbit app message, and then goes to white Fitbit logo again minute or so later. This has seemingly been alternating for the last 3 hours or more. Think it does now show a small blue bar like the tracker is being updated though I cannot for the life of me say if it had this bar 3 hours ago.

I waited to see if it will have the thin blue bar after the X happens and the white logo restarts, It doesn't have it right away, but it shows up few seconds after the white logo. It does not progress and always remains of the same width.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rich_Laue  Update: After several try agains,the bar is now somewhat wider, but it is still a touch-and-go. It goes to red X, reconnects, the bar shows up, staying that way, sometimes widens a bit, and then goes to red X again. 

Best Answer
0 Votes