Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa Lite won't work unless it's connected to the charger

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My watch only turn on while charging, when I switch off charger it won't turn on, showing 100% charged, I don't know it's battery issue or something else, I am using it after 2 years I mean I bought it as a gift for someone and now when I am trying to turn it on it won't start 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hi there, @ummehaniarshadd. Thanks for stopping by in the Fitbit Community Forums. I'm sorry to hear that your Versa Lite won't work unless it's connected to the charger. I understand where your worry is coming from, we're here to help! 

I've seen you contacted our Support Team just right after posting here and they've already assisted you. If you have any questions regarding the outcome of your case, please don't hesitate to reach out to our team again. Since you already have a ticket open with them it'd be easier to continue the follow up on this matter with them directly. Thanks in advance! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi.  I'm having the same problem. My fitbit versa 3 won't stay turned on unless it's on the charger even tho it's showing fully charged. If I hold the button for 10 seconds, it flashes the fitbit logo a few times then I get a red X then it goes off again. Help ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, @Tiffryno. Welcome on board. Thanks for the details provided in your post and for your efforts in trying to troubleshoot the issue with your Versa 3 prior to posting here. I will do my best to continue assisting you.

Please follow the tips and recommendations provided in this help article Why isn't my Fitbit device's battery charging? Let's try making sure both, your Versa 3 and charge are clean and free of any debris.

PS: Note that sometimes a Fitbit doesn’t seem to be charging when actually the issue is that it has become unresponsive (this can happen if the battery has been allowed to discharge completely). I'd recommend putting it on to charge on a charging wire and outlet known to be working.  Leave it on the charger for a good two hours, even if it doesn’t seem to be charging.  

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi
It's charging and currently shows 74% but it just randomly turns off and
won't turn back on even tho the app will show that ifs charged ?
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Tiffryno Thanks for getting back and for those details. 

As our last resort, I'd recommend performing a factory reset on your Versa 3. Important: Take into consideration that a factory reset deletes any stored data, which includes all data that hasn't synced to your Fitbit account, your applications, alarms, etc.

With the above being said, please follow the steps below in the order listed:

1. Don’t plug the Fitbit device into the charging cable. 
  2. Press and hold the button for about 8 seconds until the screen turns off. 
  3. After the screen turns off, you’ll feel a short vibration:
    1. When you feel the vibration, release the button and immediately press and hold the button again.
    2. Wait until the blue logo appears, then disappears:
      1. Immediately release the button and then immediately press and hold it .again, until you feel a vibration.
      2. After you feel the vibration, release the button. 
        • This vibration indicates you started the factory reset. 
        • After the Fitbit logo appears, the Fitbit device shows the image with the phone icon and setup indicator.  

Best Answer
0 Votes