Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa Screen Scratches

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Does anyone else have a Versa that seems to be easily scratching (on the screen)? I haven't even worn mine for 24 hours and I already have several scratches on the screen, one of which appears quite deep. 

Best Answer
173 REPLIES 173

I've been the glass screen protectors on Amazon they don't last very long and break very easily but at least my watch is not scratched. The glass screen protectors I bought for my last Fitbit lasted forever but I haven't found a really long lasting screen protector for the Versa as of yet.

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's a good idea I think I will order a bumper also I have a little bit of damage on the side where a bumper would cover

Best Answer
0 Votes

Regarding Versa and Corning Gorilla glass:

I find as many reviews state that Versa has Gorilla Glass as those that say it doesn't.  EG:

https://www.pcworld.idg.com.au/article/636084/how-does-fitbit-versa-compare-ionic/

"The Fitbit Versa is waterproof up to 50 meters but lacks the Gorilla Glass found in the Ionic. "

The only answer that has any real meaning is within Fitbits specifications for each product, and in this regard there is no mention of Versa or Ionic having Gorilla Glass.  The proof is in the pudding, and given what owners actually experience, the Versa screen is soft enough to scratch easily, but hard enough to crack if dropped onto hard or soft surfaces.  Which makes me think that there are multiple materials used, with the softer material being on the outside.  I've had a Surge for over two years, and the screen still looks as pristine as on my Samsung Galaxy S8+, despite relentless abuse, drops onto hard floor tiles, bouncing around in various pockets while pushed up against a set of keys, dropped out of a car on a few occasions, a fall from my bike onto a gravel road and more.  Corning Gorilla Glass 3 or higher IS very tough.  It is not found on Versa.

https://www.fitbit.com/shop/versa#specs

https://www.fitbit.com/shop/ionic#specs

Best Answer
You are correct.  I have had all the fitbits as I was getting the new ones when they came out and would give the old one to my daughter.  She will not be getting this one.  I gave her my Surge when I bought this.  This is my last fitbit.  When I save up enough I will replace my Versa with a Samsung.  Probably my Xmas gift.  I really thought the Versa had gorella glass.  It was quite obvious from the results it doesn't.  Thanks for the correction.
Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S7.
Best Answer

Wow... wish I knew that before I bought the Versa. I guess I thought in 2018 having Gorilla glass on an interactive display would be a given... too bad. Should have done my research

Best Answer

For those of you who have used screen protectors, what kind do you prefer? I have a liquid skin protector on my Charge 2, and that works ok, but it's not as smooth as a tempered glass protector. I don't have a Versa yet, but I'm considering getting one in the next couple of months, and I want to get a screen protector for it. Do you prefer the liquid skin (the sticker type), the tempered glass, or the bumper cases? I'm curious about the bumper, but I'm afraid it will make it look big and bulky. If I get a Versa I would get the rose gold, so I'd want a clear bumper (if I went with that), so I could see the color of the case. I've looked at tempered glass, but those look kind of thick, and I'm wondering if they stick out too much. So that brings me to the liquid skin protectors. Do they offer enough protection? I've seen on the forums several people have screens that have broken, so I'm wondering if the liquid skin would prevent that from happening, or if I should get either the glass or bumper. Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I would go with the bumper and tempered glass screen protector if I bought another one.  Which I won't.  Check out the reviews on the Samsung watch.

Best Answer

I use a tempered glass screen protector and one of the slip on, slip off screen/ bumper protectors. With this type you don't need to remove the straps to put on and off. They are found on ebay for about £3.00.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/For-Fitbit-Versa-Silicone-Protective-TPU-Shell-Case-Screen-Protector-Fram...

Note this has to be taken off prior to charging! But its so easy and quick its not a problem!

Best Answer

Just received my Fitbit verse yesterday. I wore  it to work today and I notice a bunch of scratches within a few hours of wearing. Im so upset. I’m glad I am not the only one who expertises this within a couple of hours. Did they replace yours?

Best Answer
0 Votes
No, they will do nothing to help. In fact, they will act like they will help and send you around in circles on the phone for a few tries and then tell you there is nothing they can do.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I've always worn a screen protector on mine. But part of my case is damaged so I bought a bumper to wear around it I never tried to return it

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes
No.  Did you buy the extended warranty?  They MAY do something if you did.  They do have a 30 day return policy fir any reason.  You should take it.  You see what the problem is already.

Best Answer
0 Votes

No I didn’t see the option to do so. I may try to send it back or just get a protector screen  and deal with it 🤦🏽‍:female_sign:. Thank you for your help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you, I may do the same!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh boy, ok thanks for the info! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

I know it sounds dumb but try toothpaste. Leave it on your screen for 10 - 20 minutes and then wipe it off it really works i’ve Been doing it for months.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Wow, ok! I will try and post the outcome. Thanks for the info!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes- 2 weeks old.  I contacted FITBIT and they won't do anything.  I will be returning it to the store I purchased from.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good advice on the toothpaste.  We used to use that to clean the old plastic rear windows on sports cars when they yellowed.

Best Answer
0 Votes