Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa Smartwatches - Fitbit OS 4.1.3 Firmware Update (70.80.0)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 5/27

Hey, everyone!

I'm happy to announce that Fitbit OS 4.1.3 was released to all users. If you haven't already please make sure you update to the newest software for your Versa Smartwatch. It's important to always have the watch on the newest software version so that it runs smoothly along with the Fitbit app

If you have any difficulty updating your Fitbit device, review these troubleshooting tips.

Hi, Versa Smartwatches Family! 

We’re excited to announce the release of Fitbit OS 4.1.3. available for Versa, Versa Lite, and Versa 2. 

We started releasing this new update to customers. This is a progressive rollout which means everyone will receive it at different stages. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. 

*Firmware releases aren't distributed based on region or location and can reach anyone no matter where you reside. 

WHAT’S NEW AND FIXED

Read our help article for the latest updates.

HOW DO I UPDATE?

Find step-by-step instructions for updating Versa smartwatch here

If you run into any trouble updating your Fitbit device, review these troubleshooting tips. If you have issues after completing the update, try restarting the watch. 

VERSA LITE users - If you have trouble updating the firmware:

Follow the steps in this help article where we outline troubleshooting steps just for Versa Lite. 

We appreciate your patience while we work to roll this out to everyone. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
258 REPLIES 258

I updated and every day since my battery life is Shocking -  yesterday 100% charged at 10 am and by 9 pm down to 10% - updated on Sunday and have to charge it every morning as it is totally flat.  Really getting peeved as it worked fine before the update with life of battery being 3-4 days easy.  Please help.

Best Answer

Hi everyone!

Thanks for reporting the issues you were having with your Versa smartwatches. I appreciate you've taken the time to troubleshooting them prior to contacting us. I've seem some of you have contacted our Support Team and saw that you were offered either a replacement or a discount.  If you've already spoken to our Customer Support Team  who gave a discount option as per our Warranty Policy. This is the best option to help you get back on track with the Fitbit family I'm sure our team will be more than glad to help you further with this. While customer satisfaction remains our number one goal, the demands of running a global business require that we enforce our warranty consistently.   

Hello @MikeD73. To turn your Versa off and on: On your watch, open the Settings app About > Shutdown > confirm the shutdown. To turn your watch back on, press the back button.

Hi there @eschibli, welcome on board. Thanks for bringing this to our attention. To better assist you, could you please let me know which mobile device are you using? When was the first time you experienced this issue and how many times since then? In the meantime I receive your answers, please try the following steps and let me know if the issue persists:

1. Log out from the Fitbit app.
  2. Force quit the Fitbit app.
  3. Uninstall the app from your mobile device again.
  4. Make sure that the Fitbit app is up-to-date.
  5. Reboot your mobile device.
  6. Restart your watch
  7. Reinstall the Fitbit app again.
  8. Login using your account credentials.

Hi there @blakester@Fichrist, and @Lschil. I'm sorry to hear about the inconveniences you've been having with your Versa smartwatches. Thanks for your time and efforts while troubleshooting them. 

I've created a case to get you in contact with our Support Team about this. They will be able to work with you and review your options. Please keep a lookout in your inbox to the email address associated with this Fitbit account. Someone will be in contact with you soon, jut note that we may take a bit long to get back to you due to the recent events affecting our operations. 

Let me know if you have any questions present. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @MarreFitbit

Thanks for the reply. Your suggestion is exactly what I was reporting does not work.  After confirming the shutdown, it looks like it is shut down but obviously isn't.  I'll leave it at that.  Please could you confirm that Fitbit is aware of this bug?

Best Answer
0 Votes

An you advise how best to speak to someone about my heart rate function no longer working on my 6 month old versa 2. I have tried to call the help line and engage in an online chat with no success. I have also tried all the troubleshooting recommendations on the community and the heart rate sensor is not working at all now! 

many thanks 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @MikeD73, thanks for getting back and confirming that you were doing the process correctly. Since the watch isn't shutdown as it should do, I created a case for you and someone will respond as soon as possible. Due to recent events affecting our operations, we may need more than 7 business days to respond. We hope to get you back on track soon.

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Hi @MarreFitbit

Thanks.  I will report back here in 2 weeks if Fitbit still fails to acknowledge the bug!

Best Answer

HI @MarreFitbit ,

Unfortunately, since Fitbit is not acknowledging issue that the update is indeed killing smartwatches I am not quite inclined to continue with this brand. I have been with Fitbit since 2014, invested in 3 different trackers with Fitbit, but it seems to me that as soon as warranty ends - one is on their own. I feel personally it is too costly to buy a $200 smartwatch with lifetime of around 2 years. I wish you all the best.

Best Answer

I am with you

Best Answer

My Versa has been out of commission for a while and I’ve done all the troubleshooting and nothing! No one offered me a discount or a replacement. I had been a fan of Fitbit but I haven’t heard any response back. I have now gone with a Garmin watch and it works amazing. 

Best Answer

My versa no longer remembers the time. It decided to lose 2 hours while I was sleeping. Thanks for making me miss work Fitbit.

Sync seems unstable since this update even though previously it was fine. Battery dropping way faster than before too. 

The lack of support for the Samsung s20 is really not great. Most of the device features no longer work, but come on, how can the time just suddenly roll back? 

I've been using and recommending Fitbit since 2015 when I bought my first one. Very disappointed that I'm being forced to consider other options. 

Even worse is that there is no support email anymore. I've assisted Fitbit in troubleshooting and isolating issues in the past but now there is no customer service besides "talk with other customers". 

Edit: wallet deleted my credit card that I've used since I bought the watch. My watch also disabled the device lock this morning. Something is obviously wrong with this update.

Best Answer

I have experienced the same issues with my Fitbit's over the years. Twice I have managed to to be lucky enough to be in warranty when they failed and couldnt fault the customer service but now twice since, my device has lasted passed the warranty year to the grand age of 18 months before it just dies completely.

I too will not be buying another Fitbit device! Shame on you Fitbit.

Best Answer

I agree...I'm really not happy with this expensive purchase that doesn't work

Best Answer
0 Votes

Up until recent updates i’d get 3-4 days from a full battery charge, now i’m lucky if I get 6 hours

rather than offering replacements or discounts, wouldn’t it make more sense for Fitbit to fix the problem with battery drain that they have introduced with recent updates? 

Best Answer

Which Garmin watch did you end up going with? My Versa was bricked by the firmware update and I'm going to switch, too. Looking for advice from someone who switched from the same watch.

Best Answer

Hi there @Malythea and @SeattleStokie. I've created a case to get you in contact with our Support Team about this. They will be able to work with you and review your options. Please keep a lookout in your inbox to the email address associated with this Fitbit account. Someone will be in contact with you a soon as possible since due to recent events affecting our operations, support options are limited and wait times are longer than usual.

Thank you all for your feedback towards our Fitbit devices, we do really appreciate your feedback as it helps us to keep improving. I must also say that I really appreciate all of you are helping each other. For the ones who are still working with our team I'd suggest to keep your conversation with them as they'll know what's the next step to follow. 

If you were offered a discount instead of a replacement, as per our Warranty Policy. This is the best option to help you get back on track with the Fitbit family I'm sure our team will be more than glad to help you further with this. 

Let me know if you have any questions present. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ever since updating, my watch battery dies within a 1-2 days and it doesn't sync. Would be great if whenever FitBit released an update, either to the app or the watch OS, it wouldn't mess things up. Help!

Best Answer

Hi there @ezrothschild, thanks for stopping by. I'm sorry to hear that your Versa's battery is draining faster than expected and also for the syncing difficulties you've been experiencing.

If the battery started draining just right after the firmware update, I recommend to restart your watch once again and wait until the battery gets down to fully charge it again. Wait until you see that your watch is at 20-25% and go for a full charge. 

If the battery of your watch is still draining quickly, please make sure to follow the recommendations provided here: Can I extend my Fitbit device's battery life?

About the syncing issues, depending on the mobile device you own, there are different troubleshooting steps for you to try. Make sure you check the required settings on your iOS or Android phone for syncing. Please try all the recommendations listed in this help article and let me know if you need further support.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I downloaded the new software a few days ago and this morning my Versa went from 47% charged to dead within an hour and now it will not recharge at all. Does this have anything to do with the new software? At this point I can’t even get the Versa to turn on and it is just an expensive bracelet!

Best Answer

exact same problems I have.  2 days max for battery life and it hardly ever syncs up anymore. 

Best Answer

@MarreFitbit can you tell us if Fitbit is looking into this?  Are they doing something about the update?  It is not the devices but the update.

Best Answer