Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa Smartwatches - Fitbit OS 4.1.3 Firmware Update (70.80.0)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 5/27

Hey, everyone!

I'm happy to announce that Fitbit OS 4.1.3 was released to all users. If you haven't already please make sure you update to the newest software for your Versa Smartwatch. It's important to always have the watch on the newest software version so that it runs smoothly along with the Fitbit app

If you have any difficulty updating your Fitbit device, review these troubleshooting tips.

Hi, Versa Smartwatches Family! 

We’re excited to announce the release of Fitbit OS 4.1.3. available for Versa, Versa Lite, and Versa 2. 

We started releasing this new update to customers. This is a progressive rollout which means everyone will receive it at different stages. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. 

*Firmware releases aren't distributed based on region or location and can reach anyone no matter where you reside. 

WHAT’S NEW AND FIXED

Read our help article for the latest updates.

HOW DO I UPDATE?

Find step-by-step instructions for updating Versa smartwatch here

If you run into any trouble updating your Fitbit device, review these troubleshooting tips. If you have issues after completing the update, try restarting the watch. 

VERSA LITE users - If you have trouble updating the firmware:

Follow the steps in this help article where we outline troubleshooting steps just for Versa Lite. 

We appreciate your patience while we work to roll this out to everyone. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
258 REPLIES 258

I am extremely disappointed and frustrated, my Fitbit no longer functions after a year and a month of use.  FB support has not been helpful unfortunately, I have attempted all of their suggestions with nothing to show for it.  For the price of this product and the special attention I give it to make sure it is properly maintained, I feel like I have been ripped off and taken advantage of.  I am hoping FB can right this wrong otherwise I will be taking my business elsewhere.  

Best Answer

I have the same problem and have advised my friend who is looking for a new watch, to go with Apple.  I can no longer recommend Fitbit with the way that they have treated this update and the couple before that that have killed the majority of Fitbits.  Such a shame, I loved my Versa, but if it doesnt work that doesnt do me any good. 

Best Answer

Fitbit Update: 5/27

Hey, everyone!

I'm happy to announce that Fitbit OS 4.1.3 was released to all users. If you haven't already please make sure you update to the newest software for your Versa Smartwatch. It's important to always have the watch on the newest software version so that it runs smoothly along with the Fitbit app

If you have any difficulty updating your Fitbit device, review these troubleshooting tips.

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

AlessFitbit: And what about all the reports of the update bricking the device?

Best Answer

The upgrade is what has caused our problems.  We need a fix to the upgrade that caused all these problems. 

Best Answer

I updated my firmware the other day, and now I am not receiving text or phone notifications. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app, and confirmed that the notifications are chosen on my dashboard.  Please advise.

Best Answer

Don't be surprised if this post gets closed out since the firmware rollout has been completed. 

Just like they have done with all the other previous firmware updates that have caused major issues and left users without a working device and no satisfactory resolutions especially being out of warranty.

Not a good business model to maintain your customer base.

Best Answer

Considering all the issues people were having with the update I hesitated for a few days to update. I put my watch on the charger about an hour and a half ago and started the update. It completed fine but now in the last hour I've lost 10% of my battery life. I certainly hope there's another firmware update soon and better communication from Fitbit on the actual issues people are having. I know the moderators have no real power and are just doing what they're told to do to try to pacify people but we need to hear what is actually going on and when to expect fixes for these problems.

Best Answer

Yes we are aware of that! Majority of us have done the update but what we are trying to tell you is that it’s not working! You guys need to fix the update. I have followed all the steps but have gotten nothing fixed

Best Answer

Do not do update! My Fitbit is dead. I’ve been offered a discount for a new Fitbit. 

I’ve been a devout customer for over 5 years. I’ve had two other devices that worked great and had a decent life span. I’ve purchased fitbits as gifts for other   And recommend it To many! 

It is  horribly disappointing that a perfectly functioning fit bit watch , that held a battery life of four days could go to holding a battery life of four hours in a matter of one day! And now it won’t even turn on! 

You stated that this was “ Unexpected behavior” for the device . Well if it is, then it should be rectified!  

It is evident that your software update caused this problem for me as well as many other customers. Considering  I am just 1 month shy of being under warranty,  and I am a loyal customer , it is unacceptable  that you are unwilling to replace my device that malfunctioned because of you! This reminds me of the Apple throttling and with that being said, I will be reaching out to others. This is poor management of an update that went wrong, and your policy of assisting customers through this time is just despicable !
Best Answer

Let me start by saying I agree with many of you and share your frustration. My versa 2 began malfunctioning when 4.1.2 was released. My screen was unresponsive to touch most of the time, the screen would rarely wake, etc. I contacted fitbit support via chat and they sent me a new watch. I told the rep that I didnt want a new watch, I wanted a new firmware. The rep never even acknowledged that the firmware was faulty, or for that matter, that I even brought it up. So, the new one that they sent me is still sitting here on my desk, unopened, because I was confident that the problem was with the firmware and installing it to a new watch would create the same problem. When 4.1.3 was released I updated my original versa 2 (again, the new one is still unopened) and thought that nothing had been fixed. However, after I let the battery fully discharge and then recharge everything worked as it was supposed to. I don't know why that was necessary but apparently it was.

I would encourage everyone to update to this version. It really does work.

Best Answer
The troubleshooting link points only to the Versa Lite. What about the
Versa? I checked Google Play and there is no update and my Versa app says I
am up to date on version 3.21while watch firmware is 32.70.8.0. What gives?
Best Answer

Very well said. Exactly what happened to me

Best Answer

You have to actually have a working watch to get the last update. So many of us with issues and it was never addressed. "Just update". I CANNOT update. "Just reset". I TRIED that at least 5 times.

I am so dang disappointed in this. I even bought my daughter in law one for Christmas, recommended them to everyone. Now I wish I hadn't.

What's sad is I still really miss my Versa 2. But I'm not going to throw good money after bad.

Best Answer

@NadiyahG Totally agree, Fitbit screens just continue to die just out of warranty.  Was a loyal customer but trying to spread the word as well that 25% discount on next device is just not how you treat customers who spend thousands of dollars on multiple devices and who are the reason for their existence.  Going to do more research into competitors now as I can't support 5 new devices every 13/14 months...

Best Answer

I have updated to the new firmware and I am thrilled with it. I've finally got a device that works. The last few updates have caused my device to become more and more useless. Now, it works as it did when I first purchased it and is now a device that I can use and enjoy again. Thank you.

Best Answer

I just upgraded my versa yesterday and I noticed the battery easily get drained and I have to charge it 2x a day

Best Answer
Completely agree! Mine died
Best Answer

What about the draining battery issue we are all having?  I use to be able to go 2 days and not have to charge it.  Now, it doesn't last a day.  Is this because it is connected to 'the cloud'?  Can I change that somewhere?  I don't want it accessing something I don't use and have not set up.  I WOULD love to be able to get music onto my Versa 2 but that is proving very difficult.

Best Answer

Well that was a turn up for the books! Fitbit offered me a like for like replacement for my versa or 50% off a different model. I’ve gone with like for like because I do like my versa. Here’s hoping this one last shot more than 12 months because the last two haven’t!

Best Answer