Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa Smartwatches - Fitbit OS 4.2 Firmware Update (71.6.19)

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 9/3/2020: This update should now be available to all customers. If you have any difficulty updating, make sure you are following the directions in this article, and then provide as many specific details as possible in your post so that we can assist.

We've started rolling out Fitbit OS 4.2 Firmware Update (71.6.19) for the Versa series.

We release firmware updates to all customers in phases. The update will be available to everyone soon, and a banner will appear in the app when you can install the update. If you don’t see the banner yet, check the app again later.

*Firmware releases are not distributed based on region or location and can reach anyone no matter where you reside. We do not recommend performing a factory reset to force the update to your device as your data will be lost and you may not get the update. Please be patient and wait until you see the update banner inside of the Fitbit app to begin the firmware download.

WHAT’S NEW AND FIXED

Release notes can be found here.

HOW DO I UPDATE?

Step by step instructions for updating your Versa device can be found here.

We recommend updating your Versa over a home Wi-Fi network as this can greatly reduce the time it can take to get set up. For more information on connecting your Versa to Wi-Fi, check out this article

If you run into any trouble updating your Versa I recommend reviewing these troubleshooting tips

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
577 REPLIES 577

Did a factory reset just to see if it helped but no dice.

Best Answer

Well its been a week since ive updating my versa 2...and love it very impressed with the new zone minutes (took awhile to get my head around them) but now really like them seem to have much more accurate sleep score and even seemed to iron out the switching clock face glitch maybe me but seems over all smoother battery life great really glad took the plunge and updating 😊

Best Answer

My Fitbit won't sync. Why is that? I've turned it off and on. 

Best Answer

Ever since I.did the update...my phone now refuses to stay connected with WiFi.  Grrrrr

Best Answer

Since conducting the update I can no longer view my split times when utilizing the run exercise (despite repeatedly changing this within the settings). All activity is now measured in terms of "active zone minutes." How can I access my split times again?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Would you all please update to allow us to choose AZM vs active minutes and HRR vs regular HR? For those that are maybe training for a marathon or something, I'm sure the new AZM/HRR is more accurate. For those of us just trying to get motivated to get healthier and more active, it's horribly discouraging. I kayaked 11 miles last weekend (almost 6 hours), with about 3 hours showing peak and the rest showing fat loss zone, yet with AZM I only earned 8 minutes for that while time! Today, I did over 6000 steps with 30 min being in peak zone, but didn't earn a single minute. It's depressing instead of motivating for ab average person trying to lose weight and get healthier to feel like you never earn anything and can't have  chance in the Bingo games which are very motivating, often pushing me to get up and get more minutes in. 

Best Answer

Removed incorrect information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can not synch -- Versa with Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (which, no, is not on your approved hardware list, but what am I going to do?)

I last synched on September 8th at 11 PM. I've set my Bluetooth AVRCP version to 1.6, charged both devices up, simultaneously restarted both devices several times, reinstalled the fitbit app twice. Factory reset is my next step, but I don't want to do it as I'm in our annual step count competition at work.

I think it's the new firmware -- it took me a few days to install, so the timelines add up. What can I do?

Best Answer

Ever since I updated to the new software, my Versa will not stay connected to my phone. I've had to reset and repair the Versa on a daily basis for the last few weeks. Is there any way to help fix this issue? Help!

Best Answer

Bought this 8 days ago.  It updated a day or two ago and battery life went from 3+ days to under 20 hours.  Same as everyone else.  Plus some other nonsense problems.  First problem, owned 8 days.  Not good.  Please fix.  Other issue is with clock faces, which I know you can't fix, but if any component of the device is broken, please give me a solution.  Very frustrated to LOVE the new device and HATE it in less than a week.  Should I return it?  Will that fix it? Please advise.  Not what I paid 200$ for.............

Best Answer

I've spent conservatively over 50 hours over the last year -- if you value my time at $300/hour (why not?) that's $15,000 -- trying to get my FitBit to synch. It is very frustrating when Alphabet Fitbit just doesn't admit they released bad firmware, but they do eventually repair it. Just FYI, I've mentioned I'm in a step count competition at work. Half my team is having synching problems with their various devices -- with a FitBit pedometer and using GoogleFit. So, I think this is endemic. Maybe Apple stuff works.

Best Answer

So this latest update bricked my VERSA 1. It started by killing off the Bluetooth and WiFi, meaning syncing was out of the question. My Bluetooth would connect for 3 seconds and then disconnect and would repeat this. 
I was left with no choice but to do a factory reset. Crazily, in order to complete the factory reset, you HAVE to UPDATE THE TRACKER! Meaning once it was set up once more it still had the same goddam problems. It wouldn’t sync and the clock itself no longer reported the correct time, for every hour it seemed to lose two minutes meaning by the next day I was 48 minutes behind real time. 
I eventually gave up and contacted FitBit. They offered me a free replacement for the one I had or 50% off a newer model. I crazily took the 50% off without really thinking through that decision. Meaning I’ve ended up paying £100 (they charged me the 199.99 price instead of the current £169.99) for a watch replacement all because FitBit bricked my watch. 
Now I’m concerned I’m going to run into the same issues with this new watch when it arrives later today. Is this issue effecting most VERSA 2 as it did with VERSA 1? 

Best Answer
yes same problem !
Best Answer

@homealonedude "Is this issue effecting most VERSA 2 as it did with VERSA 1?" Where did you get that from? Out of the millions of fitbit users, I'd say the complaints are relatively few. Many are one time "me too" trolls posting. My versa one updated fine, as I expect most of the populations did. People are generally only on the forums if they have an issue. So you have no idea how many successful updates there have been. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the 1 and 2. Recent firmware broke hr/sleep tracking on my 2 but the 1 updated just fine. It's hard to say what causes the issue and how to avoid it. I'm wondering if it would be better to factory reset the watch when there is an update then doing the update on the new set up. I was lucky that my 2 was still under warranty but if it wasn't fitbit would just be able to get away with their firmware breaking watches. Makes me worried about updating in the future. 

Best Answer

Deleted the Fitbit app, threw my expensive paperweight awY and bought an apple. Fitbit has a great interface and I’ve been a loyal user since the flex - but this is my third watch rendered useless by an update. They replaced one but my current one is that replacement so no warranty despite it being only 7 months old. Fitbit isn’t getting another penny of my money.

Best Answer

How do you know most updated fine? Fitbit are deleting people’s comments on here and there’s plenty of tweets about people suffering same problem. Could it be that you are in the minority? There was no reason for anyone’s Fitbit to become bricked. Mine ran smoothly for 18 months before this update came along and killed it. I’m happy you weren’t affected though, it at least gives me hope that my arriving watch today won’t suffer the same issues. 

Best Answer
my versa 2 is affected by the update !
Best Answer

This update has killed the battery on my Versa. Prior to the update, I was getting atleast 4 days of battery life but post update, the battery runs out in less than 2 days. I tried all tricks like turning off quick view, changing watch face, reducing screen timeout and even a factory reset but no luck. It is really a shame that a perfectly working device has started tanking after this update. Are you guys forcing us to upgrade to new models? I am not going to buy fitbit again. I have been a loyal user for 5 years. 

Best Answer

After spending an hour on chat with Fitbit about my Versa 2 that has had functionality diminished due to firmware update, I have learned that there is no issue.  Nothing to see here.  It is all just a figment of our imagination.  Oh, and wouldn't you like to buy a new one anyway?

Best Answer