Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa Smartwatches - Fitbit OS 4.2 Firmware Update (71.6.19)

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 9/3/2020: This update should now be available to all customers. If you have any difficulty updating, make sure you are following the directions in this article, and then provide as many specific details as possible in your post so that we can assist.

We've started rolling out Fitbit OS 4.2 Firmware Update (71.6.19) for the Versa series.

We release firmware updates to all customers in phases. The update will be available to everyone soon, and a banner will appear in the app when you can install the update. If you don’t see the banner yet, check the app again later.

*Firmware releases are not distributed based on region or location and can reach anyone no matter where you reside. We do not recommend performing a factory reset to force the update to your device as your data will be lost and you may not get the update. Please be patient and wait until you see the update banner inside of the Fitbit app to begin the firmware download.

WHAT’S NEW AND FIXED

Release notes can be found here.

HOW DO I UPDATE?

Step by step instructions for updating your Versa device can be found here.

We recommend updating your Versa over a home Wi-Fi network as this can greatly reduce the time it can take to get set up. For more information on connecting your Versa to Wi-Fi, check out this article

If you run into any trouble updating your Versa I recommend reviewing these troubleshooting tips

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
577 REPLIES 577

I did the update last night and now my screen won't "wake up" when I bring my wrist up, like to check the time.  I've restarted it many times but still can't see my "home screen" with the clock, steps, etc. Please help.

Best Answer

The firmware version of my Versa 2 lists 71.6.19 - which seems to correlate to what you state in your note on this thread for 4.2. It's common practise to have release notes prepared and released *before* you hit 'go' on the distribution ... my goodness...

While I'm at it, why does the linked release note provide a tracker firmware ID for v4.1.2 (38.6.1.1) but the latter v4.1.3 has no such tracker firmware ID associated with it..? How does one to differentiate which firmware is actually on the tracker? I'm sure you don't run the same tracker firmware ID to different releases of the firmware - no S/W engineer worth a grain of salt would allow it ... so I'm going to assume you simply missed the info in the documentation ... could you please update the link with the corresponding tracker firmware ID to v4.1.3 at the same time you add the release information for 4.2?

Sheesh.... get it together guys and gals ... professional S/W development and release practises matter when its 90% of what you're selling ... .

Best Answer

I am having the same problem 

Best Answer

My Versa Lite is stuck on the Fitbit logo screen and will not track. What is going on with it. I have had it for only 8 months. Please help

Best Answer
I finally got it set up. Thank you for all the help Sent from Samsung tablet.
Best Answer

Having the same issue with one of our Fitbits.  We have 5 in the house, and three of them crashed this week.  I was able to recover one with a reset (hold all three buttons at once for 8 seconds and then let go of bottom right button once logo shows up), but it did not work for this issue (logo is always on so hard to tell if it resets anyway).

Best Answer

My Fitbit Versa is stuck on the Fitbit logo and I can't get it to do anything.  It supposedly updated a few hours ago but it's had the logo on the screen for a long time. My phone app says no device found. 

I got my versa out of the logo but i can't swipe the screen. I am able to press the buttons but all i get are alarms and timer.

Best Answer

I ended up doing a factory reset and now it works fine.

Best Answer

How do you do a factory reset? 

Best Answer

Same problem.got mine March 2020,it quit syncing on June 22. Now it cannot even be bluetooth detected.i tried everything.😭

Best Answer

I got my replacement Versa Lite a week ago and I've been going into the app and syncing it alot everyday and no banner. Hoping it'll be soon cause its on 33.1.30 at the moment and i had purchased clock designs on my old one that I'd like to get back.

Best Answer

I was just setting up my new one now and noticed the that the update didn’t really update it to the new version. I’m sorry yours didn’t either but I’m glad to know I’m not alone. I’ve been going crazy trying to figure it out 

Best Answer

I think my fitbit updated yesterday and now no longer works at all.... 😞 it wont reset or start or anything. This seems a fairly widespread problem. Hope to see a response from fitbit soon

Best Answer

I received a replacement versa this week, I cannot add a clock face, I have the update, I am connected to wifi, followed all directions regarding rebooting, etc... Disconnected from Fitbit chat x3, I am disgusted... I think there is a glitch with my new device, I should have gone the 50% off another model route.

Best Answer

How did you get a replacement?

Best Answer

Same ...brand new Versa 2, only shows fitbit logo on the screen, connected and syncs perfectly to my laptop, claims it connects to my wifi as well....can't load any clocks, don't even have the default screen showing up, just the logo, i am ready to stomp it into pieces....COMPLETELY DISGUSTED

Best Answer

Can you go into settings and select shutdown 

Best Answer

No I can’t I only get the logo 

Best Answer

Hi everyone. It's good to see you participating in the Community Forums.

Let me share that this new firmware update will be rolled out progressively. This means that if you don't have the banner, you'll have it in the Fitbit app later. Just make sure to have the Bluetooth enabled and your phone next to your Versa, that way the firmware can update correctly.

@amgonzo, thanks for sharing that your watch's screen won't respond after the update. Also for trying the factory reset. Since you mentioned that your watch started working again, please keep an eye on its behavior and don't hesitate to let me know if you have other questions so I can get you in touch with the Support team.

@Madre3 and @RazzR, thanks for the information provided and the steps tried on your own. Since your watches are new, it might be that the firmware is still updating. Could you please check if you have the banner to update to the firmware version 4.2 (71.6.19) in the Fitbit app? If the firmware is unable to update, please give a try to these troubleshooting tips.

Just a small reminder, in order to keep the Community organized and to avoid misunderstandings, please make sure to reply to this thread if you have questions about the Fitbit OS 4.2 Firmware Update (71.6.19). Should you have other inquiries, I'd recommend to open a new thread so you can receive help from the Community.

I'll look forward to your responses.

Best Answer