Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa Smartwatches - Fitbit OS 4.2 Firmware Update (71.6.19)

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 9/3/2020: This update should now be available to all customers. If you have any difficulty updating, make sure you are following the directions in this article, and then provide as many specific details as possible in your post so that we can assist.

We've started rolling out Fitbit OS 4.2 Firmware Update (71.6.19) for the Versa series.

We release firmware updates to all customers in phases. The update will be available to everyone soon, and a banner will appear in the app when you can install the update. If you don’t see the banner yet, check the app again later.

*Firmware releases are not distributed based on region or location and can reach anyone no matter where you reside. We do not recommend performing a factory reset to force the update to your device as your data will be lost and you may not get the update. Please be patient and wait until you see the update banner inside of the Fitbit app to begin the firmware download.

WHAT’S NEW AND FIXED

Release notes can be found here.

HOW DO I UPDATE?

Step by step instructions for updating your Versa device can be found here.

We recommend updating your Versa over a home Wi-Fi network as this can greatly reduce the time it can take to get set up. For more information on connecting your Versa to Wi-Fi, check out this article

If you run into any trouble updating your Versa I recommend reviewing these troubleshooting tips

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
577 REPLIES 577
Can we get the latest update by skipping a few or do they have to come in
order because I just got a new versa 2 and it’s only at firmware 35.70.7.14
Best Answer
0 Votes

BrettoSparling: Which one is most like the Versa 2?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Got the update on Friday. Apparently, it still hasn't fixed the battery issue. Thankfully, I have my Garmin now. Still charging the Versa to keep checking battery issues.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Versa Lite shows up to date. I am on my second Versa Lite.  First one stopped syncing after less than a year.  Replacement was sent a few months back, and now I have the same problem. Will not sync, bluetooth can't find it.  I've turned bluetooth off/on, restarted phone, unistalled/reinstalled app& if it syncs only 4 short period. I AM SO Disappointed.  If this doesn't resolve ill never get another fitbit!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Why isn't there already a patch to fix these major issues? I've had mine also a month. I tried the help desk guidance to fix the problem with AZM, but no luck. Can't you offer a toggle between AZM and regular active minutes in an update? 

Thanks!

Best Answer

Sparkle7, If your watch is still under warranty, contact customer service ASAP and follow any suggestions that they give you.  If it still doesn't work correctly, tell them you want a replacement.  Be sure to do so before the warranty expires.  The replacements that they send aren't that good.  My first replacement lasted one week and the second lasted two weeks before they began having problems.  My warranty expired about two weeks after the second watch began having trouble.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Michelleohio -

Maybe another reason not to buy direct from FitBit.

I returned my first Versa 2 to Best Buy while under warranty and received a replacement from stock, unlike other reports that just received a reworked device "head unit".

RETIRED Enterprise Computing / "IT Guy" - Southern California - Marine Staff Sergeant 1970-78
Apple Watch 6 - iPhone 8 (iOS 16.6) - FitBit app 3.87 - MacBook Air (macOS Catalina)
Best Answer
0 Votes

My watch is not working since the update.

Best Answer

Strangely I still have the option to turn on and off all day sync Using a Versa Version 1  Firmware 70.8.0

Best Answer
0 Votes

This update just pushed through on my tracker, and now all my active minutes for today are gone. All my morning runs and workouts now display as 'below zones.' Frustrating! Now it's going to throw off my entire weeks data. Please fix!!

Best Answer

That's the same thing that happened with mine; worse after the updated.  It completed died; I was still within my 1 yr warranty so I got a "NEW" one but it's not showing my hourly activity or active minutes HUH

Best Answer
0 Votes

This update completely wiped out my active minutes, while I had 152 of them today..🤨I worked out in cardio en peak and now this whole workout shows in below zones. Really don't like it and would like to have the active minutes back because that’s way more simple and I don’t like seeing everything in blue while there should be other colors to show..

5E49F3DD-D223-4A75-8455-1C47E182E1F1.png

1C22FFEB-B203-44BE-8570-0A244E03661B.png

83642FD8-DE3A-4FDF-B4B0-3D420BF6DC33.png

Best Answer

@Vessra I got the update last Tuesday and was concerned as well. Had 515 active minutes from Sunday and Monday that were no longer counting. But in the 5 days that counted, I ended up with 1520 zone minutes. So if you're active like you say, you'll more than make up for what was there before the update.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm so confused I'm showing no hourly activity at all....clearly with 8396 steps today so far I've been active. Does it only count workouts?

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Versa 2 updated today.  My heart rate graphs in the app are inconsistent now and it’s not tracking active minutes correctly.  It shows the line graph with my heart rate calculating correctly and in my peak zone but then all the minutes in the bar graph show up as blue which is below zone.  And the active minutes are zero.

Best Answer

@Lubdub Look at the heart rate zone chart. You have to at least be in the fat burn area for active zone minutes. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think I have the same issue. My Versa 2 got a firmware update today too.

Best Answer
0 Votes

4C094837-B529-4881-A2F3-F1AE79F39E83.png

 I’m clearly in fat burn, cardio and peak according to the line graph colors.  But not on the bar graph or active minutes.

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue, very dissappointed. 

Screenshot_20200831-215350~2.png

Best Answer

Are you using Iphones? Zone minutes are almost coming too easy for me. Over 300 daily. Original Versa and Android. I'll be over 700 zone minutes on Monday. Doubt I'd be at 400 with the old active minutes.

Best Answer
0 Votes