Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa Smartwatches - Fitbit OS 4.2 Firmware Update (71.6.19)

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 9/3/2020: This update should now be available to all customers. If you have any difficulty updating, make sure you are following the directions in this article, and then provide as many specific details as possible in your post so that we can assist.

We've started rolling out Fitbit OS 4.2 Firmware Update (71.6.19) for the Versa series.

We release firmware updates to all customers in phases. The update will be available to everyone soon, and a banner will appear in the app when you can install the update. If you don’t see the banner yet, check the app again later.

*Firmware releases are not distributed based on region or location and can reach anyone no matter where you reside. We do not recommend performing a factory reset to force the update to your device as your data will be lost and you may not get the update. Please be patient and wait until you see the update banner inside of the Fitbit app to begin the firmware download.

WHAT’S NEW AND FIXED

Release notes can be found here.

HOW DO I UPDATE?

Step by step instructions for updating your Versa device can be found here.

We recommend updating your Versa over a home Wi-Fi network as this can greatly reduce the time it can take to get set up. For more information on connecting your Versa to Wi-Fi, check out this article

If you run into any trouble updating your Versa I recommend reviewing these troubleshooting tips

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
577 REPLIES 577

After updating my Versa Lite, it now is having synching issues. It is not automatically synching to my iPhone and will start running the time slower (my watch will be 3-5 minutes behind on the time). Right now, it will not connect at all to my phone. 

The battery is also running out too fast. It was at 100% at 6am and now, at 6:27pm it is at 55%. 

I like Fitbits, but over the years, I have had way too many problems with them! 

Best Answer

having similar issue with mine; except mine is over a year old.  But I'm upset that the great service I had, prior to the new firmware, is gone.  I hope they can instruct us on how to fix it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Versa 2 got Health Metrics in the app. Firmware is 71.6.19. But it says i need to  uppdate to get Temperature.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbit versa lite stopped syncing to my iPhone iOS14, they just will not connect via bluetooth at all, not even to my laptop.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@claesson More like upGRADE. Temperature will only be on the new Sense. It's not on any of the Versa's. Not even the new Versa 3. .

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MarkMM : I only read what fitbit writes here:

https://blog.fitbit.com/fitbit-premium-health-metrics-dashboard/

"The Health Metrics dashboard and the metrics displayed in the dashboard are not available in all countries. Breathing rate, resting heart rate, and heart rate variability Health Metrics are available with Fitbit Charge 3, Charge 4, Inspire 2, Inspire HR, Ionic, Versa family, and Sense devices; the previously listed health metrics, as well as SpO2 and skin temperature variation, are available with Ionic, Versa family, and Sense devices only."

After sleeping today I have gotten Breating Rate and Heart Rate Variability in addition to SpO2 and Resting Hear rate which have been there a longer time.

So now it is only Skin Temperature that is missing for my Versa 2.

EDIT: On day 2 the Skin Temperature appeared and in hindsight that was natural as it is not a absolute measurement but a delta to the baseline temperature and it probably needed two days of data to get a baseline. However the error message should say this and not to update the firmware. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@claesson : That seems a bit confusing. According tp that, even my Versa 1 would have Temp sensor.

From what I can tell, temperature sensor, ECG, and the stress tracking sensor are all exclusive to the Sense.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having a similar problem. My app updated yesterday and now my versa 2 won't connect/sync to my phone. I've tried everything I can think of. It's frustrating!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Its a shame so many people having problems some the same and some different
!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I did this update and am having a lot of issues with it tracking anything. I’ve had to restart 5 times eachTime it occurs. Also, when I put it on the charger it messes it up. This error happened overnight.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've just received my replacement Versa 2 and my firmware is version 35.70.7.14,  I'm not sure how old that is? Could someone help me please 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Bobbink Mine was the same. It arrived Monday, it was a replacement for my Versa 1 that got bricked by the update. I was really worried this Versa 2 would update to the latest OS upon completion of set up but thankfully it didn’t. 
I keep getting notified to update it but I refuse to, knowing full well how quickly it bricked my previous Versa. 

Best Answer

That's not good at all! What is it about the updates that buggers them? Thankfully my initial versa was a faulty battery issue, hopefully our replacements work better for us. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

So now, my Versa lite will not sync AT ALL. 

What is my next step here. Where do I report it? Anyone from Fitbit able to chime in here?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Versa 2 no longer stays connected to phone since update. Very frustrating to lose distance data while biking.

-Ryan

Best Answer
0 Votes
I went on to the fitbit website and got in touch with customer service via
the webchat. They went through a troubleshoot with me which of course didnt
work so they sent me a new one. Its just arrived this week. Seems to have
done the trick.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi i updated my fitbit versa lite this week and now i keep loosing connection with my phone, i go to synch it and it tells me device not found!

I've tried restarting the watch and my phone, i had no problems before the update but now i dont gey any notifications through and I'm missing things

Best Answer
Hi everyone! 

First and foremost, I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your experiences after updating to Fitbit OS 4.2 Firmware Update (71.6.19). I wanted to let you know that your voices have been heard and your feedback has been forwarded to our team. We've noticed that some of you have different issues with your Versa smartwatches after the update so if you're still running into any issue with your watch, you can try the suggested steps listed below before checking with our team:

• HOW DO I UPDATE?
  • Find step-by-step instructions for updating your Versa smartwatch here
  • If you run into any trouble updating your Versa, review these troubleshooting tips
  • If you're having syncing issues with your Fitbit. Please try these steps: Why won't my Fitbit device sync? If the steps don't work, you can attempt the factory reset on your Fitbit. Remember to remove your watch first from the Fitbit app and from the Bluetooth settings on your phone.
  • If you've noticed issues with the battery of your Fitbit, please try these steps before checking with our support team: Why isn't my Fitbit device's battery charging? or Can I extend my Fitbit device's battery life?
  • If the screen of your watch isn't responding to swipes or it's not turning on, but it seems to be still syncing:
 -  Switch to a Fitbit clock face if you're using a third party clock face: How do I change the clock face on my Fitbit device? 
-  Please confirm if you've restarted your device by following the steps from this help article: How do I restart my Fitbit device?
-  Try to change the Screen Wake setting to manual, you can find the steps to do it in this help article: How do I see the time on my Fitbit device?

If you have any questions or inquiries related to your warranty you can check this page. At this time, we'll be closing this thread as it has became off topic. If you've already exhausted all the troubleshooting steps and you still need assistance, please open a new thread on the Versa smartwatches board and provide as many details related to the issue in your post so we could create a case on your behalf. Our support team will be glad to further assist you as soon as possible.
Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer