Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa WIFI and Bluetooth keep disconnecting

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Was very excited to get the Versa, but really disappointed. After three days of resets, shutting off app and phone, and factory reset, I’m still stuck with a device that keeps disconnecting, says updates are available, but does not complete the update. Says there is WIFI problems, keeps connecting and disconnecting from the Bluetooth. Resetting my phone and the Versa, isn’t a workable solution each time. 

Support line tells me it says Its OK, but the errors show different. Anyone seeing the same issues? I have not had any issues with my network and have it set to 2.4, as required. 

Best Answer
58 REPLIES 58

I’ve had the same problem! Literally got it working last night AGAIN. Now after my workout I go to my phone to check my heart rate & workout/steps it’s showing no WiFi connection. I’ve been told all the same things & that the Versa is super sensitive, but who wants to constantly waste time having to reinstall it or re pairing it? And no one from Fitbit seems to want to do anything about it.

Best Answer

I rebooted my Versa as someone had suggested.  Initially, that worked...but only for a little while.  After a few days, I decided to reboot my phone.  I haven't had an issue since!  A co-worker told me that she has to reboot her phone and Fitbit any time either device has an update run or installed.  So far, so good!

Best Answer

When I first got my Versa, it wouldn't connect.  I found it was because my old Fitbit (which I hadn't used in a year) was still recognized by my phone.  I had to delete the old device in order for the phone to recognize and connect to the new device.

Best Answer

I’ve done that several times and just now did it again & it still won’t or can’t find WiFi. And yes it’s in its charger & close to my router & yes I’ve rebooted the watch and turned Bluetooth off & on again. I HATE this. 

Best Answer
Did you do the software update? This seemed to work. However, I have had the occasional issue with unpairing my phone. But, turning the watch off and then on always works now.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

This did not work for me  I still can not get my Fitbit to sync help pleade

Best Answer

I am now trying to sync and download the firmware update on my second brand new Versa with no success.  So FRUSTRATED!!!  I have done all the steps the tech support walked me through on the 1st one.....  I am wondering since the tech guy that offered to send me a new watch also offered me a credit on another product might mean they know these are garbage?  Any suggestions, advice, whatever, greatly appreciated.  

Best Answer

The comment suggested here as a solution here isn't much of a solution for those that have never had a fitbit device previous to versa.. In my case I ended up having to get one of the compatible phones listed on their help page https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2315/?q=Compatible+devices&l=en_US&fs=Search&pn=...

And the versa still constantly disconnects.

The solution isn't to purchase more fitbit gear either.. The solution is for fitbit to get their act together and solve this problem.. So many ppl got a versa for Xmas 2018 as it was on offer pretty much everywhere.. Surely there is enough telemetry data already to fix the problem?

Best Answer
I was finally able to get my Versa updated and working by skipping the wifi
setup step. It takes longer to download the firmware update, but at least I
am connected and communicating with my phone. Thanks!

Marni
Best Answer

Thanks! That worked for me as well!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yea!!!!

Marni
Best Answer
0 Votes

How is this "solved"  ????  It's not.

Best Answer

Hello everyone sorry to hear that your wifi and bluetooth connections aren't working as intended. Which phone are you using? Is it compatible? Try refreshing the link between your phone and your Versa by going to your phone's bluetooth settings and remove all devices listed there. Restart your phone and restart your device. After this try syncing them. Also, if you are using an Android device, check that your app has the necessary permissions (settings > apps > Fitbit > permissions) and make sure bluetooth and location services (GPS) are on. If you are updating your Versa then try using bluetooth instead of wifi.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Depends whether you consider 'solved' as 'Yeah, I can use this advice to
get my device talking again via bluetooth', or not. If so, it's solved.
If not, FItbit needs to develop a firmware update..
Best Answer

So I have an LG V30.  According to your site, the Versa is compatible with the V10, which came out in 2015, and the G2 which debuted 2013. So my Versa, which came out 2018, cannot work with a phone from 2018.  But if I want to buy a 6-year old smartphone, the Versa will pair with it?  I do not understand.  I really wish I did more research before I "upgraded" my Alta HR.

Best Answer

Hi there Alvaro,

I have a Huawei P20 pro..  originally had a willeyfox with Android 8.

The Bluetooth link isn't stable, never was on the old phone either.

I tried the following process:

removing the device from the account

Then removing the app from my phone

Then factory resetting the versa

Removing the pairings from Bluetooth (as it appears as versa classic AND versa)

Then going through the setup (which included some kind of update even though it had already updated the 1st time) 

Then re installing the app and signing in 

Adding the versa 

Giving the app all the permissions it wants (incl notifications).

All for it to work for about 5mins.

Every time I want to record my exercise I have to turn both devices off then back on.

Interestingly the phone stays connected via Bluetooth whilst recording the exercise.. however no notifications (even though notification permissions are already on).

Then when I stop the excercise the phone eventually disconnects from Bluetooth.. which means its currently an overpriced watch with alarm function.

It is very rare that I get notifications for other apps (e.g. Gmail, WhatsApp, Twitter) even though I have gone through the list within the Fitbit app to select the ones I want...

WHEN IS FITBIT SORTING THIS OUT?

thanks.

Best Answer

So I may have worked out that what actually works for me is to "simply"

Restart watch

Restart phone

Make sure watch and phone talk through Bluetooth (sometimes this means putting watch onto pair)

Start app on phone

Sync

And Leave the app running all day..

Android doesn't like the fitbFi app because it's power intensive but it is the ONLY way that I can make my Versa behave like a smart activity tracker... still not a solution but that's as close as I can get to one..

Best Answer
0 Votes

This isn’t a solution. Is there an actual fix to this by Fitbit???

Best Answer
Thank you

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy Note8, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hmmm...How in the world did this become the "accepted solution"? What if you didn't have an previous Fitbit HR that was connected to your phone? All of the "solutions" I've seen so far are called "workarounds". That means there a temporary way of getting around this issue but it's not a permanent fix because the problem will continue to resurface. A problem that continues to be a problem is not resolved.

My 2 cents....

Best Answer