Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa and Ionic on the same account

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just purchased the new Versa. I have owned the Ionic and I would like to have both watched attached to the same account. However, when trying to set up the versa, it asks me if I am replacing the Ionic and doesn't give me an option to add it to my account. I can only replace my ionic. I did it, but now my Ionic is not connected. How can I get it connected as well.

Thank you,

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer
88 REPLIES 88
Thanks; just really frustrating that Fitbit forcing to choose only 1 of its 2 most recent products to use and enjoy. After spending $299 for the Ionic 6 months I refuse to deactivate and put it in a drawer. Fitbit should offer a trade in or credit towards the Versa if bought the Ionic from them.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Hey everyone -- At this time, you can only have one Fitbit smartwatch on the same account, however, you can easily switch between two devices and your data will not be lost. If you have an Ionic and Versa, you will need to remove one before you can add the other.  Please vote for this existing Feature Suggestion to potentially have this implemented in the future.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer

Fitbit is struggling with stock under $5/share so why the heck would they want their loyal supporters to only buy and use one of their 2 most recent & expensive products? It’s just a terrible business decision.

I paid $299 for the Ionic 6 months ago so why should I have to disconnect it to use their new product that just came out.

Fitbit should ensure that all their loyal customers want to buy and use as many or all of thier products and not have to exclude any!

For me and my family I have bought the Ionic, Versa, (2) Blaze, Charge 2, (2) Alta, Flex 2, Flex 1, Aria scale, etc, but this decision is **ahem**ic and something that Apple would never do. Like it or not the Apple Watch is #1 in sales and their main competition, so Fitbit who is losing millions and on life support shouldn’t want to exclude anyone or risk anyone leaving them for Apple because of decisions like this.

Best Answer

My Ionic is up on Ebay...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just add the one you are wearing.  How long does that take?

whats going to happen to your step count or heart rate monitoring if both devices are active?  You could wear one on each arm?  Or give one to a friend to wear.  What a mess that would be.  They did it for a reason. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Just like all the other Fitbit devices, they should be interchangeable and I should be able to just put it on my wrist like a watch and leave the house instead of remembering to go through a set up process every morning.

Just acknowledge that this is not ideal and a mistake and stop just trying to be argumentative and condescending.
Best Answer

It’s only a problem if you have both devices and interchange them.  Which 99.9% of the new versa owners do not.  

Just because you think its a problem does not mean it is to everybody else.  

Does anybody have 2 cell phones that they want to mix and match as they see fit?  Even swapping out headphones takes a bit of work. What’s the difference?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Try using 2 apple watches at the same time?  Can’t be done.  So don’t go comparing this to apple. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Peace fellers, you both make good points.  Smiley LOL

Best Answer
Wouldn’t Fitbit who is on life support with a stock under $5/share & Morgan Stanley declared to sell, want its customers to buy its two most recent and expensive items and interchange them as needed?

Prior to the Versa, I would swap back and forth between the Blaze and Ionic and wear the Flex 2 when I wanted to wear a dress watch. Many Fitbit customers have multiple Fitbits and enjoy interchanging them.

The Versa is smaller and lighter so I wanted to have it replace the Blaze to wear to the gym and put a leather band on my Ionic to wear to work.

I am sorry that you only want to own 1 Fitbit.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

They would probably love it. But maybe there is a fatal flaw in the software somewhere they couldn’t deal with.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well if you want a true fitness and sleep tracker you have to buy a Fitbit.  Because Apple can’t touch it.  Even at a significantly higher cost. 

Best Answer

This solution is not really acceptable. Each time you set up the Ionic or Versa it has forgotten the existing settings. The most annoying implication is that it has forgotten all of the App Notification settings, so it isn’t practical to swap watches on a regular basis. 

Best Answer

Just received my new Versa very great looking tracker, BUT very disappointed it cannot live on the same account as my Ionic!!! 

Best Answer

Hello there Versa friends and welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community for the new members like @Shamrocker.

Thank you all for your great feedback and comments regarding your concerns is not possible to have a Fitbit Versa and Ionic in the same account. As my friend @ErickFitbit mentioned earlier, feel free to visit our dedicated Feature suggestion if you are interested to have this in a future. It would be nice to have your support and votes.

Also just a heads up, lets keep a friendly environment in our Fitbit Community and the opinions discussed here align with the main topic of the board. All feedback is well received and help us to improve the Fitbit experience. Special shout out to @SunsetRunner for your input on this matter.

Stay awesome and keep participating.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer

Frankly, this is deceptive advertising on the part of Fitbit. Nothing in the online specs for the Versa indicates you can only have one smart watch linked to an account. The remove one device and add the other is not an acceptable work around when you've paid close to $400 for both devices. It's cumbersome and slow to do that each time. Fitbit needs to rectify this ASAP. I, like many others, have multiple Fitbits - Charge 2, Blaze, Ionic and now Versa. I specifically purchased the Versa because it is less activity tracker looking. Very disappointed.   Fitbit needs to disclose this immediately on their site before accepting any more sales. Very poor customer service. 

Best Answer

Why would Fitbit sell a device and not have the specs indicate that only one smart watch can be linked to an account?  As you can see, many of us own more than one Fitbit. The Ionic is amazing. But I wanted something that looked less like a running watch and more like a smart watch. You've really done a disservice to your existing customers and have probably limited sales of your new device. People view the Apple Watch as the standard for smart watches...and the Versa is a great substitute at a much lower price. 

Best Answer

Fred, I believe Roberto gets the message.  Smiley LOL

Best Answer

Fitbit support folks:

Could you go over the steps necessary to rather quickly change from the Ionic to the Versa, or vice versa?  From what I can tell, you would just go into, say, the Android app on your phone, click on the device to be removed, which would give you the screen that would include the "trash can" up in the upper right corner, which would allow you to remove that device.

Then, you would get a screen that would include a "plus" sign, allowing you to "set up another device."  I'm pretty sure that it is "as simple as that," but I'm not so sure what "setting up another device" would involve.  Would that make you go through the really quite long routine, wherein it reinstalls the latest software again, and so on?  If it is indeed rather "quick and easy," then I can't see people having much of a problem with that.  But rather than serving as a guinea pig myself, could you folks just kind of walk us through it, and give us an idea of how it would work?

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was baffled that I had to do this...

Best Answer
0 Votes