Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa and Samsung Galaxy s8

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Will the Versa work with the Samsung Galaxy s8?  The Blaze has had numerous issues with working correctly with this phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes
33 REPLIES 33

I'm waiting until it's listed to buy mine. I have the Samsung Gear S2 right now, but it is dying and am looking for a replacement. The Gear S3 is too big for my tiny wrist.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My ionic just recently stopped syncing with my Samsung Galaxy S8 active - so frustrated. I have tried everything.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Have you tried to delete it off your phone and reinstall it. I've done this a couple of times. Mine is working better with update. 
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

I did a few times last night. Everytime I hit the sync option it tells be the bluetooth isn't connecting to Ionic. It will sync fine with my ipod, just not myy phone 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes
Did you tell Bluetooth on your phone to forget the fitbit and reinstall. 
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes about 10 times the past24 hours.

Have a Blessed Day!
~Kim~
Best Answer
0 Votes
Oh sorry I'm out of ideas, the only other thing I can think of is talk to customer they will be able to look at your acount, when i did they could see how many times i reinstalled it service. Good luck I hope you get it sorted.

Best Answer
I did Thursday night and they are "working out glitches" so it nay
eventually be fixed. Thanks for your help.
Best Answer
Yes i did

Have a Blessed Day!
~Kim~
Best Answer

@Kimbowright @B1uebe11 Welcome to the Fitbit Community! It's great to have you here!

@Kimbowright sorry to hear that your Versa isn't syncing with your Samsung Galaxy S8 phone. Try going to your phone's bluetooth settings and remove all devices listed there. Restart your phone and restart your device. After this try syncing them. Also, since you are using an Android device, check that your app has the necessary permissions (settings > apps > Fitbit > permissions) and make sure bluetooth and location services (GPS) are on.

@B1uebe11 thank you so much for your help in this thread.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for your help - I restored it to the factory settings and now it
works.
Best Answer

@Kimbowright thank you for your update and sorry for the late reply. Really happy to hear that this worked for you and fixed the issue and I appreciate you sharing the results of your experience as this information may help other members in the same situation.

I'll be around!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My phone hasn’t synced since I traveled to a different time zone and back. I tried all of the suggestions posted - changing the auto time zone settings, changing time zone manually, unpairing all Bluetooth devices, pushing All Day Sync, then Sync Now — it still shows East coast time. Pressing Sync Now makes the icon spin around, but then still says the last Sync was April 20, when I was still traveling over a week ago. I see so many other complaints about the same issue — HOW HAS THIS ISSUE NOT BEEN FIXED YET? I’m not going to go through all this every time I travel! Especially since all this busy-work isn’t fixing the problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AlvaroFitbit please reply to @hav2care re previous message from rainmon1

Best Answer
0 Votes