Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa battery drain after update installed a

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi

My battery used to last 3-4 days based on how much cardio training I did. 

Then I did a recent software update.and now my battery last less than a full day. I take it off the charger at 0700h and it’s at 8% by end of the work day. 

I have read many other posts and based on their comment s have  tried already: 

1. Reset the Fitbit by holding down the two buttons 

2. Changing the watch face

3. Leaving it without wifi information

4. Removing all remaining notifications and all day sync (I didn’t have many turned on anyways) 

5. Deleting the watch from my app and reloading it. 

im at a loss of what to do. Watch is only 6 months old and very disappointed. Wish I hadn’t done an update bc now the watch seems useless when it won’t even last 14 hours. Defeats the purpose of this style of watch. By the end of the day when I go to work out - I don’t even know of my watch will have enough battery power.  It’s a shame I spent so much money on it.... very disappointed! 

i need help!! 

Best Answer
29 REPLIES 29

I seem to be having the same problem.

The watch has always lasted for 4 days, but since i did the update, it barely lasts for a day.

Best Answer

Hi! 

I am having the same issue! Have you found a solution? 

Best Answer

I have the same problem. For the last few days, the charge percentage dropped over 80% in 12 hours. Today, the percentage dropped 50% in 90 minutes. I have owned this Versa for around 8 months. Really disappointed.

Best Answer

I am having the same problem. I have an Apple Watch, but chose to purchase the Versa for its battery life. I've not had it a week yet and am contemplating returning it now. I have all, but two, notifications off, all day sync is off as well. I have charged it from a computer rather than an outlet...I've done all of the things posted that there is to do. I took the watch off of the charger at 7pm last night and its 10:50am now...and I'm at 73%. I've been averaging a day and a half before I have to charge it again. And I haven't even been able to workout with the watch yet. I can't even imagine what using the apps is going to do to the battery. So very disappointed.

Best Answer

Samee problem

Completely disappointed!!!!!

i need help!!

Best Answer

I've been have the same issue since this last update 2 days ago! Has there been any solutions? 

Best Answer
I contacted Fitbit and they walked me thru some steps. They had me drain it
all the way to zero where it powers itself down. Then charge to 100% and
then call them once drained again to zero. They also ask that you shut off
all the notifications. My battery was dead within 24 hr and was under the
one year warranty so they sent me a new one as they deemed my battery
defective. I didn’t even have to send the old one back - but it’s oretty
useless though. Worth taking the time.
Best Answer
Can you tell me what number you called for Fitbit? I’ve been calling an 800 number, but the recording just gives me the run-around. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

i have the same problem. charged it last night to 100 this morning it’s at 62. before with the same functions like notifications or all day sync etc. it lasted 5-6 days now it barely lasts 2 days. i shouldn’t have to turn everything for it to function like advertised. i might as well get a normal $30 watch if i have to. please help fitbit!

sarah, usa | versa, charge hr (retired)
Best Answer

I also contacted Fitbit. They walked me through all the steps. I just received a new one. I charged it and set it up last night. It was at 100% last night now it’s at 65%. So the issue doesn’t seemed resolved. I think it’s their update. I didn’t have any issues until I did the update.

I contacted them through live chat on their website. Then she contacted me through email. 

I would contacted Fitbit hopefully if there are enough people with the same issue and they’ll fix this issue. 

Best Answer

I have had this issue for the last three months but after this last update it has gotten worse.  It doesn't even last a full day anymore.  I feel like I just wasted my money as it is less than a year old.

Best Answer

@Drjoelc @IgorBC @AC1005 @sarah_lin8  Thank you for participating in our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry for the late response. I want to follow up and I would like you guys to take a look at this help article and follow the tips that are helpful in order to improve the battery life of your Versa. If the issue persists, let me know.

@torrebelle7 Welcome to our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry for the late response also. However, I was able to get in touch with our Support team and was told that they assisted you via email. Was a solution provided?

@Overtirednurse I'm glad to hear that you were sent a replacement unit. Thank you for posting the update here.

@Kayla-k Thank you for sharing your feedback. Don't hesitate to get back if you need further assistance.

@Versa18 Welcome to our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry for the late response as well. I contacted our Support team and was told that they assisted you via chat. I'd also like to know if the issue was resolved.

See you guys around! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes. I am having the same issue. I used to go 3+ days without charging my Fitbit. Now, I have to charge it every single day. It was >50% battery when I went to bed last night. I turned off all the battery-draining features (all-day sync, notifications, reminders to move, quick view, always connected) and deleted all alarms and removable apps. I was hoping it would track my sleep through the night and activity today, but it was dead before I got to work at 0700. 

My Versa is outside the warranty window, so I either have to deal with it or buy a new one.

I'm pretty sure that FitBit did this on purpose to make us purchase the Versa 2.

Best Answer

I agree! I’ve had this watch a little over a year and I’ve never had a problem and since the last update it’s not worth 2 cents. I completely turn off my watch at night and disconnect Bluetooth and it’s dead as a door nail this morning. I refuse to buy another on if this is what their company practices will be. 

Best Answer

So what’sup with your Versa now? Is this the company’s way of getting everyone to buy a new watch. Your last update took a perfectly great watch and now makes it function like a 10.00 Walmart “ smart watch” . 

Best Answer

@Bmonroe 

@kierraddye 

Follow the thread regarding the new firmware update and when it was pushed.

There are several users reporting these same issues after this firmware update was installed. 

Best Answer

Used to get up to 5 days from my versa  then I installed the latest update and the power was  dropping even when the watch was shut down. Fitbit sen me a new versa but still this doesn’t last 48hrs. Very disappointed!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I contacted Fitbit customer service. They confirmed that my Fitbit is toast and outside of the warranty window. They gave me 25% off a new Fitbit. However,  a dI'm purchasingifferent smart watch because of these unethical practices. 

Best Answer
I too will be going for a different smart watch because of this. 

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone
Best Answer