Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa battery drain after update installed a

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi

My battery used to last 3-4 days based on how much cardio training I did. 

Then I did a recent software update.and now my battery last less than a full day. I take it off the charger at 0700h and it’s at 8% by end of the work day. 

I have read many other posts and based on their comment s have  tried already: 

1. Reset the Fitbit by holding down the two buttons 

2. Changing the watch face

3. Leaving it without wifi information

4. Removing all remaining notifications and all day sync (I didn’t have many turned on anyways) 

5. Deleting the watch from my app and reloading it. 

im at a loss of what to do. Watch is only 6 months old and very disappointed. Wish I hadn’t done an update bc now the watch seems useless when it won’t even last 14 hours. Defeats the purpose of this style of watch. By the end of the day when I go to work out - I don’t even know of my watch will have enough battery power.  It’s a shame I spent so much money on it.... very disappointed! 

i need help!! 

Best Answer
29 REPLIES 29

Yea it’s still a piece of crap. Shame on FitBit 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is how bad it is. This is the third fitbit I have had. The last two have borked right after warranty is out. So here is the deal my versa was fine until.an update, battery is cut in half. Support say the watch is toast after a year and a half and offers 25% off on a new one that does nothing more. Not bitter but I am done being treated this way I have a versa 2 in a box that is going back, I am done. They broke my watch and want me to buy another at a slight discount. No I am moving on to another platform.

Best Answer

Now my watch won’t even sync. I’m so over all this. They have killed my watch 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having the same issue since the update. My battery dies during the night and its very frustrating as I can't monitor my sleep 😤

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm angered by a company that basically is pulling an Apple of 2012 by creating a "new" system update around the same time Versa 2 drops, and upon updating makes my former product, the Versa One, more or less useless by the end of the day. The watch, prior to this crap update, lasted 4-5 days, now barely 24 hours! It was such a great watch but now it's garbage. As soon as I research and find another smartwatch that monitors sleep I'm dumping Fitbit and this platform. It's disgusting when a company attempts to generate profits on the backs of it's older customers by forcing them to update their hardware when they simply don't have a need to update to the latest model. 

Best Answer

If this is the case then fitbit has lost another customer!!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

They sent me a new one also and Fitbit worked perfect until a new update 2 days ago, now the battery drains even when Fitbit is turned off. 

Best Answer

I’ve gone thru hoops on this problem, now I’m told by support it’s being turned over to HIGHER LEVEL OF SUPPORT! 
that was 4 days ago and I’m still waiting.  I would never buy another Fitbit, it’s a waste of money. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here. I did all the resets they asked me to. Also, my display would stay on a lot of the time. I hadn't changed any of the settings. They sent me a new one on Friday. All was good until yesterday when I did a system update. Suddenly the battery drained after a couple of hours and I'm back to square one.

Fitbit need to sort this very quickly otherwise they're going to lose a lot of customers to Apple.

Best Answer
0 Votes
After sending me a Versa replacement, I set it up and the problem was the
same with it. They wound up sending me a Versa 2 as a replacement, so far
it's working good although I'm rather afraid to do any upcoming updates. If
the same thing happens to Versa 2 on an update then Fitbit has a bug that
needs to be taken care of, then I'm thru messing with it.
Best Answer
0 Votes