Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa battery drain within 12hrs

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Versa battery used to last up to 4days... now I barely get 12hrs. Have tried resetting... no change. Is this a known fault now? Refund??

Best Answer
41 REPLIES 41

@Louese Welcome! Thanks for being part of our Community! Sorry to hear that your Versa's battery is draining fast. You can try cleaning the contacts with a toothpick or toothbrush and then use cotton with rubbing alcohol. Fully charged your versa for a couple of hours and restart it again by doing the following:

1.- Press and hold the back (left) and bottom buttons until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen. This should take less than 10 seconds.
2.- Let go of the buttons.
3.- If your Fitbit watch doesn't work normally, use the instructions in How do I turn off my Fitbit device? to turn your watch off and on again. 

Try disabling the all day sync option on the trackers settings and see how your device behaves.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for the reply.
I have tried the resetting etc.
All day sync is off. 
Are you saying that the fitbit can't operate/perform as advertised? 
Seems reasonable for a consumer to expect the battery would last WITH all day sync. People buy it for that purpose don't they?

Sent from my Samsung Mobile on the Telstra Mobile Network
Best Answer

@Louese the suggestion is only to discard which feature may be affecting the device. Did it made any difference? Which phone are you using to sync your tracker with? Which OS is it running? Have you downloaded any third party apps or clockfaces?

I look forward to your reply!

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer

Dear FITBIT,

I have a battery issue - since beginning, am very unhappy with the battery performance,

Regards,

KG

Best Answer
Thanks for suggestions.

I use a Samsung Note 8 to sync the watch.

No third party apps.

No third party clock faces.

No difference when I turn off the sync.
Best Answer

@KG2018 It's great to see that you've visited the Fitbit Community! Sorry for the delay in my reply. What has been the battery performance? How often do you charge your Versa? Which phone are you using with it? Please provide as much information as possible and try the suggestions in my previous post. I also noticed that you have a ticket with support so I wanted to know what did they tell you?

@Louese sorry again for the delay. There was an issue with the app draining the battery quickly. This should have been fixed with an app update so I wanted to know if you are still having issues with your Versa and if you updated the app on your phone?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi thanks for the reply. Battery performance is still terrible. I barely even get 8hrs from a charge. Support never got in touch with me??I use a Samsung Galaxy Note 8.I tried all your suggested fixes. No improvements. Really considering just returning it... so disappointed about the battery drain. Thanks for trying to help. Just nothing seems to fix it! Are fitbit working on an update? Is mine faulty (like I see is the case for others)?

Best Answer

My Versa is doing the same!  Doesn't even keep a charge for the day.  Also, having issues with syncing. 

Best Answer

I used to have great battery life (lasted between 4-5 days?) and I've had the Special Edition one since first or second week of June? I'm not sure what happened this weekend, but now my Versa won't last a day with a full charge. I've called Fitbit support, and they're making me do battery tests for the past 2 days. I'm very disappointed. I've read many posts where lots of people are having issues with their Versas and significant decreases in battery life. It sounds like most people are getting exchanges, but the process seems very lengthy. I'm incredibly disappointed and regret my purchase.

Best Answer
Best Answer
Thanks for suggestion. None of them solve my issues unfortunately.   Except... 'defects' I am guessing.

Best Answer

@Erin02127 @xsherlockx A warm welcome to our Community! Sorry to hear that your Versa's battery are draining quickly. 

@Louese additionally to the suggestions I shared in my previous post I would like to know if you are using a third party clock face or have a Fitbit default one? If you are using a third party one please change it for a Fitbit one and see how it behaves.

@Erin02127 please try the suggestions shared in my first post and in this one.

@xsherlockx how did it go with Support? Were they able to help you?

@5ggggg thanks for the help here.

Best Answer
I have mentioned previously that i only have a fitbit clockface. Still only lasts hours. How do I get a refund?

Best Answer

@Louese sorry to hear that the issue persist about your tracker still losing its charge quickly and for the delay in my reply. If you purchased your tracker from a retailer you will need to contact them for information on how to process them. If you purchased your Versa from the Fitbit store you will need to contact our Support team for information. Please check our Warranty and Returns information page too. Still I let our Support team know about the issue so they can assist you. You will get an email from them.

I'll be around!

Best Answer

I purchased the versa 4 days ago and after much frustration with update got it going. I noticed the battery last less than 24 hours. Constant sync off, stock screen, no apps, no music and only 3 notifications received using iPhone 8 with latest update.  Is this normal performance or is there still an issue with versa firmware? 

Best Answer

@WWF88 Welcome to the Fitbit Community! I hope you're doing well! Sorry to hear that your Versa's battery is draining quickly and for the delay in my reply. You should get a few days worth of battery out of your Versa. Which clock face are you using? Try using one of the default ones made by Fitbit if you are using a third party one. You can also try these suggestions to improve the battery life.

Let me know how it goes!

Best Answer

Exact same issue here.  My Versa battery was lasting 4-5 days.  Since the last fitbit app update I'm lucky if I get two days out of the battery.  Very frustrating!

Best Answer

@ksmatteo Welcome! Thanks for being part of our Community! Sorry to hear that your Versa's battery is draining quickly and for the delay in my reply. Have you tried the suggestions in this thread? Please do so and see how your device respond to them.

I look forward to your response!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I already called support and I’m getting a replacement. Screen is now dead on full charge.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer