Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa blank screen and not accurately tracking my steps

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After 33 days my Versa has just gone blank. Followed all procedures by Fitbit. Now getting sent a new charge cable to test. Not very impressed. App says Fitbit  is fully charged. Other issues, extra steps given whilst driving any vehicle. Expensive fitness gimmick. Probably would not recommend for those who take fitness seriously. Very inaccurate.  

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Hey @Rainbird72, let me give you a warm welcome to the Community! As soon as you receive the new charging cable, charge it and let me know if the screen comes back to life. Now, when yo say that you followed all the procedures from Fitbit, I just want to confirm, did you tr to restart it? If so, and still not working, let's wait until you get the new charging cable. 

Now in regards of the extra steps, let me explain to you that it is normal that your Versa tracks some steps while driving. In fact, wrist Fitbit devices recognize some of the movement of your arms as steps, specially the vibrations coming from driving too fast or over bumpy roads. In addition, I urge you to take a look at the information in this help article, which deeper explains how they calculate your daily activity. 

Let me know how it goes! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

Hi, yes followed all the procedure as advised by Fitbit helpline. Charger has arrived. Versa currently on charge.  As with previous cable, app is showing versa is charging. Still blank screen at this point. Thank you for info regards other concerns I had. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey mine only lasted 33 days too before the screen died. That's kind of cool.

Best Answer
0 Votes
After retesting a new cable & restart. Fitbit have advised to return to retailer where I purchased. See what happens now.....

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your reply @Rainbird72! I appreciate you have taken the time to contact our Support team to get further assistance. Let me know how it goes! 

@sluz, I'm sorry to hear that the screen of your Versa isn't responding. Just to confirm, let me ask yo this, did you already tried to restart your watch? If you haven't, please follow these instructions to do so. 

I'll be around so keep me posted guys! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Guys,
great news the retailers has ordered me a new Versa.
Just to clarify I did restart my Versa correctly. Pleased with the outcome and advice given. Hopefully my new Versa will be trouble free.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for that update @Rainbird72! Sounds pretty awesome that the retailers have offered you a replacement. And thanks for taking the time to restart your Versa. If you have further questions, don't hesitate to keep me posted! 

Have a nice day! 

Best Answer
0 Votes