Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa button isn't working

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I first noticed yesterday that the back button wouldn't work and so I have tried several things to restart my Versa and even disconnected it from my phone and restarted both several times. Not the back button may work 10% of the time but my watch will freak out and bounce back and forth from my watch face to the setting options (screen wake/notifications) and I can get out of that screen until it decides to on it's own and then it bounces back and forth between the two 😕

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
115 REPLIES 115

My back button stopped working and the support team told me my warranty coverage is over, I would have expected that my watch works for longer than 1 year and a couple of months... 

Best Answer
I and my boyfriend each bought the versa when they first came out. I am on my third replacement after the back buttons went out after swimming. His just quit the screen went black and it never has been in a pool or shower. Very disappointed

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
They were ecomidating for me just contact fitbit they schould send you a new one. Mine worked for like 4 months be for it stopped working.Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

I can’t belive I found this comment but what you just described is the exact thing that has happened to me all exactly the same

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Alejandra I went swimming after 1 day of me buying it and then this excact problem is happening as miller described and I’ve tried all your tips and I’m not feeling so happy about my watch could you please help me on this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having this same issue. This is a newly replaced Fitbit Versa after my first completely stopped working. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I apologize for the delayed response and will be happy to assist you with your Versa inquiry.

@YashVersaaa, I understand how you feel and thank you for following all the advised tips. I went ahead and created a case on your behalf and a customer support representative will contact you soon. Please check your email.

@JLBosch, thanks for getting back to us. Could you please describe what happened to your Versa and which steps have you followed in order to resolve this situation?

Keep on visiting the forums. 

Best Answer

Wow, it seems that swimming is deadly for this thing...kinda bummer coz thats the only reason why I needed versa...

Needles to say, I'm pissed!

Best Answer
0 Votes
That was my plan and after two verses quit I gave the third one to my husband and bought a samsung gear fit 
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've attempted to reset my device following the instructions provided, however, my home button isn't working, and therefore the reset doesn't work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Don't use Versa in water. Left button seems to have stopped working after using it in water for an extended period, although I swam with it numerous times before and it was okay. Since watch 18 months old and 6 months past warranty, they offer me to buy a new watch for 25% off but only the lower-end models (Versa Lite but not Versa, Versa 2)

Best Answer
0 Votes

Support has been no help for me.  My fitbit is just out of warranty and all they can offer is 25% off a new one.  My bottom right button appears to be "stuck", when it is pressed you do not feel the "click", so I cannot do a reset on it.  I have cleaned the button of any debris and still no luck.  I am not a satisfied fitbit customer at all.  You would think with this being a known issue they would stand behind their products a little bit more.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I took my Versa for a swim yesterday and it was working perfectly. After I stopped I took it off, dried it completely before wearing it again. I did not wear it in the spa or sauna. 

After putting it on I immediately noticed that none of the buttons were working. I came on here and have since reset it and both of the right buttons are working (had do for it twice) but the left/back button still doesn’t work. There is no dirt etc around the button, and canned air does nothing. 

Is there anything else (besides a report/handing it back etc) that I can do first?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Do you use after market charger to charge your Versa?
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Versa is < 3 months old and I have only ever used the charger it came with. I had also never gotten it wet before, I always took if off when showering/doing dishes etc. 

Best Answer
Mine (Versa Special Edition) is 18 months old. I swam with it right from
the beginning and had never run into any issues with the buttons until a
few months ago when I went on a cruise.

At first I thought it was the extra swimming on the cruise that was causing
the problems. But I was also charging exclusively with a 3rd party charger
while I was away.

Buttons are now working fine for the last weeks after switching back to
charging with the original charger.

Other than that I have had no issues with the watch. Good luck with yours.
Best Answer
0 Votes

The same problem started to happen to me a few days ago! Did you ever get yours fixed or replaced?

Best Answer
0 Votes
My button started working again on its own, a real mystery, it took some days but it is now working fine.
It was never stuck and it always “clicked” when pressed.

I hope this helps!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine is 1.5 years new, so out of warranty. They are not able to fix it
either. But whenever the buttons don't work they will go back to normal
after 2-3 days. I reset the watch about 6-10 times everyday during
those times and the buttons do work eventually.
Best Answer
0 Votes
They replaced it with my 3rd versa telling me it was the end of warranty period.  I gave it to someone who wouldn't need it for swimming and bought a samsung that hasn't had any problems using it to track my swimming.  

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes