Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa button isn't working

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I first noticed yesterday that the back button wouldn't work and so I have tried several things to restart my Versa and even disconnected it from my phone and restarted both several times. Not the back button may work 10% of the time but my watch will freak out and bounce back and forth from my watch face to the setting options (screen wake/notifications) and I can get out of that screen until it decides to on it's own and then it bounces back and forth between the two 😕

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
115 REPLIES 115

Done. Thank you I’ll be more careful the next time!

Best Answer

I did a soft reset. I have to do it at least twice A-day. I called fitbit, and they recommended that I do a factory reset which I did. It still flips back-and-forth from one screen to the next without me doing anything multiple times in an hour, and the buttons are not working.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I’ve not experienced this problem.
The shorter recharging times for my 22 month old Versa is the only mildly aggravating thing I’m dealing with now. It’s Probably par for the course with this watch.

Ann

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Did this work for anyone?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes! I now routinely clean the Bers buttons with alcohol on a cotton ball (damp not dripping). Haven’t had a problem since doing this over a year ago.

Ann

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I cleaned the back button, but not with a toothpick.

• instead of a toothpick I used the corner of a ketchup or condiment packet (pizza cheese or pepper).
  • These packet corners are thin and rigid and pointed--made with plastic or metallic foil.
  • It worked to clean out slim gap between the button and the frame.
Best Answer

Glad to here it worked! Since I’ve been cleaning the buttons every so often the watch has worked great.

Ann

Sent from my iPhone

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

I have a super old versa and encounter this issue every so often.. but I have come up with a solution that seems to work.

I swish the watch face in a shallow cup of isopropyl alcohol.. pressing the buttons interminently. Should help get unreachable grime/dirt out of there.

Has worked well for me on several occasions

-Avery

Best Answer

Exactly same problem and same encounter. 

Support person cannot do anything .

Really disappointed with fitbit

Will not buy anymore 

Will tell friends to stay away. 

Fitbit is making stupid mistakes but not taking care of his customer and like suffer in long run. 

Best Answer
Mine is working again. I assume dirt. I worked occasionally at cleaning
around the button with something small and thin and used rubbing alcohol to
clean the area as I did and I guess it was grimy and now it works!
Best Answer

This is my second Fitbit Versa with this issue. It is a replacement when my original Fitbit screen went blank. However this time the back button won’t work and the screen flips frantically between the Home Screen/clock and the notifications/screen wake screen vibrating constantly. I have done a soft reset, fully charged the watch & am now wanting to throw it out the window 😡 Please help! Ideally another replacement…  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here, my nearly new Versa 2 starts showing the green light on the back constantly, nothing on front screen, button doesn’t respond, battery drained even tho was well charged prior. I have the Fitbit face on it and I only wear it around, not for exercise at present. Faulty??

Best Answer
0 Votes

I hold the button on the left for about 30-40 seconds until the green diamond comes up. I have to do this 1-2x every week. I also have to charge it every 3 + days instead of 5 or 6.

Best Answer

Thank you, will try that!👍

Best Answer

I tried to use can air on mine, but unfortunately it didn’t fix the issue. I can restart my Fitbit using the manual button, but it won’t work for any other function than restarting. I’m not sure what’s wrong with it or if it’s my fault for it not working? It’s a bummer either way, I wanted a Fitbit versa 2 for so long and I’ve had it for a year now and it’s already broken in some fashion. 😭

Best Answer
0 Votes
There are so many similar problems with other versa owners. What a shame Fitbit makers!
Best Answer
0 Votes