Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa can't be found by the Bluetooth on my iPhone

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I had my iPhone forget my versa device.  Now when I open Bluetooth on my phone, it will not find my Versa.  Does anyone know what to do?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer
26 REPLIES 26

Hey @Sherry55, it is great to see new faces around! 🙂  If you wan your iPhone to find your Versa, please try the following: 

Go to Settings on your phone and look for the Bluetooth devices available, if the Versa appears there, just connect it. If you already tried that, but your Versa can't be found by your iPhone, let's go ahead and try the following: 

1. Make sure that you don't have too many Bluetooth devices paired with your iPhone

2. Force quit the Fitbit app. For instructions see the Apple help article.

3. Go to Settings > Bluetooth and turn Bluetooth off and back on.

4. If your watch can't be founf, restart your iPhone.  For instructions see the Apple help article

5. Open the Fitbit app

6. Restart your Versa

7. Try to sync it 

Let me know if that works! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

This didn’t work for me. Neither did resetting the watch, deleting the app, hard resetting the phone, and restarting the versa x3 times. Now what please?

Best Answer

Hey @Fourteas, welcome aboard! I appreciate the time you have taken to try the steps I posted. Let me ask you this, do you have any other Bluetooth devices connected to your iPhone? If so, please disconnect all of them and try to pair your Versa again. If the issue persists, let me know! 

I'll be around! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve tried all of these things and I still cannot connect to the versa from my iPhone. The option is there but it’s like I’m not getting a signal from the versa. Also my phone updated over the weekend and now I’m having issues 

Best Answer

Hey @Eloshe, let me give you a warm welcome to the Community! Let me suggest you a couple of things. Please try to restart yourVersa by following these instructions: 

1. Press and hold the back (left) and bottom buttons until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen. This should take less than 10 seconds.
  2. Let go of the buttons.
  3. If your Fitbit Versa doesn't work normally, use the instructions in How do I turn off my Fitbit device? to turn your watch off and on again.

Then restart your iPhone and try to manually sync it. 

Let me know how it goes! 

Best Answer

I’ve tried all of the steps mentioned on this forum and nothing works! I’m stuck and can’t even pair my versa

Best Answer

I am having the exact same issue. Followed all the steps- shutdown the Versa, restarted phone, updated IOS on phone etc and my phone won't connect to the Versa. It shows up in the Bluetooth menu, but it doesn't connect.

Best Answer

Hey @Camgraphy89 and @AndreaMiranda, welcome to the Community! I appreciate the tips you have tried to pair your Versa. Let me ask you this, do you have a computer? If so, and it meets these requirements, please try to set up your Versa with it. 

Let me know ho it goes! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

You can't pair a Versa with a Mac. The installer said that  a Versa is for Mobile Set-up only.

Any other ideas?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem   I had my iPhone forget my versa device too. Try everything! :-((

Best Answer

Hi Sherry. Did you fix it? I'm having the same problem. :-(((

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve read this entire thread without a solution! 

Mine started doing the not paring thing last week. I missed getting a workout synced to the app my fitness centre uses. I’ve not had a problem until this past week.

It’s worked since I bought the Versa. Now all of a sudden it’s lost. 

I have an iPhone & it’s never been a problem until last week!

My laptop is an HP. But, I still want it paired to my phone for ease of access throughout my day. Isn’t it SUPPOSED. To work with any phone??? At least that’s what it was advertised as! I need a solution asap!

Best Answer

Hey all-

i ended up calling Fitbit support for some real troubleshooting. My solution ended up being easy (support was actually really great!).

The Versa showed up on my Bluetooth menu (iPhone) and support told me that that meant it was still paired. I had to click the little blue I circle next to the Versas name on that menu and click “forget this device”. Then I followed the steps on the Versa to pair to my phone (my last act of desperation was doing a factory reset on Versa before I called support so it only displayed the set up menu).

How old is your Versa? If less than a year, it should still have its one year warranty from Fitbit. Maybe your Versa is a lemon? If so, support might be able to send you a new one (which is what I was after when I called).

Hope this helps!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi! At first, sorry for my english, I live in Brazil. Today I redefined my network setting, turned off the bluetooth and downloaded again the fitbit app. After that, without network at fitbit watch, I logged in at the app and received a message that I was with bluetooth off. I turned in the bluetooth and back to the app. I received a message asking me a permission to Iphone pair with versa. That's it. Thanks everybody. 

I hope tyou've understood every step in the solution to my problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you lose all your prior data? I like to go back & check things. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

No, I didn't lose. Even if you restart your fitbit pressing and holding the left and the right bottom buttons for a few seconds (until you see the logo) you don't lose anything. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issues but I am not sure that it is an apple issue as I can get it all synced and paired with my ipad no problem.  But in doing that I do not get the notifications for text messaging as I would like to receive them.  Does anyone have any other solutions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi! 

I did it! I had to wait to show up a message asking If I authorized sync with the Versa (took a little time). Sorry for my english, I am from Brazil. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Make your phone forget this device fro

bluetooth menue firsg and then try to pair again from fitbit app.

Best Answer
0 Votes