Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa classic band popping off

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Does anyone else’s classic band just pop off randomly ? Especially when taking the Fitbit off or putting it on your wrist.  Mine has popped off a couple times today after having it on for a few hours.  I can attach it (not easily) and pull on it and it’s be in there firmly then several hours later it just comes undone.  I contacted Fitbit and they want me to somehow hpget a video of it popping off randomly? 

Best Answer
19 REPLIES 19

Yes my second Versas band kept popping off. I didn’t have that issue with my first one so I was a bit frustrated as to why that was happening. My top band (the buckle part) was the one that kept popping off. I realized that I had to move the pin more to the left and then it hasn’t popped off since. I also used a 3rd party band and that seemed to stay on better without pushing the pin around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I bought my versa only 5 hours ago, and the watch band already popped out just as I was walking out of an elevator. The fitbit itself was inches away from sliding into the crack between the floor and the elevator. 

im already kinda livid at how much we have to pay for one of these, only to find the bands are a massive pain to attach (did anybody actually think this aspect was “good”?) but now i cant even be sure if it’s going to stay on? 

Worried that its going to happen again 😕

Best Answer

That doesn’t work for me, I can move the pin over, wear the watch for hours or sleep in it then it randomly just comes apart. 

Best Answer

Mine has almost ended up in a bucket of water and a toilet 🙀

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hmm...have you contacted Fitbit? Maybe they can send you a replacement without having to send in your current bands. Have you checked to see if one pin is shorter than the other? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

** update**. I had a couple of frustrating chats with Fitbit that were not helpful...  mostly around videoing myself proving the band would fall off, and showing them how I was clipping it in...  turns out I had 30 days from when I purchased the Versa at the store I bought it from to return it so I returned the whole thing a got a new one.  The new one clips in fine??   I wish I could compare the classic band I had vs the new one, but I would have to say something was wrong with the original band I had.  This one clips in fine.  

I have always had awesome customer service with Fitbit, but am really disappointed with their responses on this particular problem.  Thank goodness I was able to return the one I had to the store or I would have ended up losing my versa for sure 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think fitbit should do a recall on the versa. I am sick of my band falling off!! We pay a lot of money for our fitbit versa. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having difficulty with the band I’m general. I have watched videos, 45 angle used tweezers, you name it , I read something about a 3rd party band you pop in the versa (Fitbit only) and straps are attached , I will try and order this, otherwise I feel like a waste of money on this product , I had high hopes

Best Answer

My versa has fallen off my wrist four times since I got it. They could have made the band better

Best Answer

This is so incredibly frustrating. I’ve had my new Versa sitting in the box since thanksgiving (because there was a great price for it) but because my charge 2 wasnt yet broken...i hasn’t used the new thing yet. 

Well my charge 2took its last breath so I powered up the Versa. All was fine until a few hours into wearing it...it fell off my wrist, face down. Thank god that didn’t crack (though I shelled out fo that extra coverage just in case). I couldn’t believe it had happened then saw the pin must have jiggled loose. 

Do you know how frustrating itis to have spent over $200 on a thing that I’m now paranoid to wear. ?!?!  And from the forums it looks like Fitbit couldn’t care less!!!! I even bought the leather band they were pushing during the same promotion, but it’s not the strap that’s inherently the issue...it’s the way in which any will connect. God forbid there’s some manner of pressure on that pin and it slides to the right every so slightly...because you can kiss your Versa goodbye!! And....because I trusted fitbits name and ‘quality’....I didn’t feel it urgent to rip open the Versa when I first got it so now...lucky me...it’s now out of warranty by a whole 3 days because of the untimely death of my charge 2. 

Id love to think that someone from Fitbit actually looks at these forums and cares enough to stand behind their product. 

Best Answer
I bought the special edition and while I liked the look of the band, I gave
up on getting it to actually attach. I managed to get the rubber black one
to attach and have been wearing it almost daily without issue for months,
but it doesn’t excuse the product.

These bands are a huge pain, and I shouldn’t fear removing my current band
simply because I don’t know if I’ll get the next one to hook in as well. my
wife just picked up a vivoactive move HR and I’m quite liking it - might
consider a change if I don’t see that things have improved once this one
dies.
Best Answer

I don’t think they care....it’s not their money!

Best Answer

Wouldn't blame you if you switched. 

I might just hock my on ebay and get something else. I don't have time to waste on paranoia. 

I want to pay for a thing and it work. That's it. 

Clearly someone didn't think this product through. 

Best Answer

my classic band started doing this after owning the versa for 2-3 days. the first day i wore the woven band but started wearing the classic for exercise and sleep like it recommended. I contacted customer support and informed them of the issue. They had me upload photos of the "defective" part. I sent photos of the band connector and where it goes in to the watch. They said it seems like its probably the band and will send a replacement. I mentioned that I wasn't sure because there is a scratch/groove on the actual tracker so maybe it was both items failing together. They are sending me a replacement tracker and if it continues to have the same problem they said they will send a replacement band. If that doesn't work then i guess i will need to get a case that encloses the tracker. I just didn't think that was necessary having only owned the device for 2 days.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well I can tell you, that I've not put that original band back on since I bought it, but have purchased other brands that have been working great and don't leave me paranoid about wearing my watch. 

The brand I'm growing to love is called Kimilar. They can be bought on amazon for around $8. I think they have a value pack of 3 for $10. They're silicone and are a bit sportier than that original band, but (knock wood) they aren't falling off like the fitbit fabric one. 

I'd say give some other brands a try. I also got some shield thing to cover the face to prevent scratches and that's been working out rather well also. 

Good luck and let us know how it goes!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, did your new watch end up having same problem?

Best Answer
0 Votes

No it did not. I received a replacement that worked perfectly and the classic band from the original watch never popped off.

Sent from my iPhone

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've actually had trouble with (and never use now) the Versa Special Edition woven band popping off the watch. I went through one, got it replaced, and had the same problems. I could put on a winter coat and apparently the slightly elastic cuff is enough to somehow scrape the band off the watch. My guess is that the band is more flexible than the standard one and a random thing like that will push the band in such a way that the pin will pop out. I was very careful to check where the pins go. Once I was standup paddleboarding and the band just came off the watch and luckily hit the board and didn't go into the river. It just seems the slightest disturbance would make it come off the watch.

(tangent: now the standard band is starting to tear, and Fitbit won't sell me a new one, and I'm a bit paranoid about 3rd-party bands having the popping-off problem).

Best Answer
0 Votes

I lost mine without notice and of course, Fitbit won't replace my entire watch, what to do?

Best Answer
0 Votes