Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa counting steps whilst sleeping and increased amounts when walking

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I received a Fitbit Versa for a Christmas present and I thought it was great.

However, two issues I'm currently having are:

Firstly;each morning I've woken up with thousands of steps done (when I've been asleep) this is been a combination of wearing it during the night, and it being on the side, both on a bed side table with other electrical devices and fans, and in another room with absolutely no devices or vibrations near it.

and Secondly; I can do a walk whilst counting the actual steps I'm doing, and the Versa is recording a large amount more. For example, I measured a 30 step walk at home, and the Versa counted it is 91........

Is this a hardware issue? Is this a Software issue? If a software issue, when will it be fixed?

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

My husband and I are having the problem with steps being counted while sleeping.

I don't see a reply from fitbit tech people on this.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Soli1234I suggest you contact customer service, and be persuasive. It is called abnormal ghoststeps while not doing anything. You should get a replacement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's just from vibrations.  No need for a replacement.  Mine used to do this if I forget and put it down by my bedroom fan at night.  Since the latest update though it stopped doing this even if it's exposed to vibrations.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Soli1234writes : "and in another room with absolutely no devices or vibrations near it."

@anmanwarwrites: "It's just from vibrations."

Go figure! I stick with my earlier reply. Other ppl have reported large amounts of ghoststeps doing absolutely nothing with no evidence whatsoever of vibrations. This includes 1000's of ghoststeps during charging. Rest assured: it is not common at all, but there are ppl/trackers out there that have this, and is annoying. I still suggest to contact  customer service, and yes they will try to tell you it is vibrations, and yes thus you have to be persuasive 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes