Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa display is not turning on

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My versa's screen has gone blank.

I don't know exactly when but probably after completely charging yesterday untill 7pm.

It is syncing normally, with battery in half at this moment. Also, the green sensor is working. 

Sometimes, after press the mais button (at its left) I can see some lines at the screen and a bright border but no picture, clock face, etc.

What I can do to solve this? 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Sarasdc, welcome to the Community Forums.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and for the details that were shared in your post, I'm sorry to know that you're experiencing such issue with your Fitbit Versa. To fix it, please restart your device following the steps that are specified on this help article and let me know if the issue persists so I can further assist you.

Please keep me posted. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
24 REPLIES 24

Hi @Sarasdc, welcome to the Community Forums.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and for the details that were shared in your post, I'm sorry to know that you're experiencing such issue with your Fitbit Versa. To fix it, please restart your device following the steps that are specified on this help article and let me know if the issue persists so I can further assist you.

Please keep me posted. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ricardo, the article says press rear and bottom buttom for versa. But it doesn't have any rear buttom. My device has one buttom at it's left and two (a top and a button) at it's right.

Anyway I had try all the combinations and the issue persists.

Actually, nothing happens... the fitbit logo doesn't appear on the screen.

What supposed I can do now?

Thanks!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Your update is appreciated @Sarasdc.

Thanks for the details that were shared with me. To restart your device, press and hold the button of your Versa for 10 seconds until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen, and then release the button. Let me know if the issue persists.

I'll be around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have posted a post and not one person has reached out to . My screen all the sudden went black last week. I jave read every post on resetting it, which was extremely difficult given I can't see the screen to know when the fitbit logo comes up, but everntually I got it! How do I know, well, it no longer was vonnevted to my app, Wi-Fi, etc. 

Sadly. They screen is still NOT working, so now I am not even able to pair to it and connect it back to fitbit account since I cannot see the 4 digit code for pairing. 

Please help!!! 

Best Answer
How old is your Versa? Mine went black after 2.5 years. It still connects to the app though. And of course it was out of warranty.... I was so sad that it's lifespan was so short.

That's why I ended up with the Charge 4. Actually 2 Charge 4 because the first one was faulty.

I think it your Versa may be at the end of its life 😞 my husband read they are discontinuing the Versa 2. Not sure why though.
Best Answer
I got it as a gift last Christmas. Pretty sad that technology companies
have created products so they stop working after their warranty expires or
slow down (like Apple - at least people stood up to them...hmm... Makes me
think...ive seen over what? 300 post this week about Versa screens going
black, intentional?? I think I'll explore that more) thus forcing you to
upgrade to their more expensive item, when just 1 day earlier, nothing even
hinted at a problem. I just love that their answer to the problem was to
reset my fitbit, and it didn't work, and now, I can't even get it attached
to my account as i cannot see the screen to get the 4 digit pairing code.
Uhg... I think I'll just go find some startup making ones that will last
the next 3 years for only $100 and will do all the same.
Best Answer

Same thing happened to my VERSA on Jan 18 2021 - had it charging - when I went to use it again the "Clock face" was blank.  I used the app to apply a new clock face but NOW it will not hold a charge.  I normally charge it every night before bed to at least 90% and it would drop to around 75-80% 24 hours later.  Last night it was down to 27% - nothing really changed SO WHY??  I charged it about 2 hours ago to 100% - it is already down to 95%

SOMETHING is wrong

Best Answer

Saradc I can tell you what is going to happen if you hold the button, or buttons for 10, 20, even 30 seconds.  Nothing. That's what will happen. Or you may see a flash at the sides or edges, but other than that, it is fried.  I'm sorry.  I am in the same boat.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Versa screen went a light blue colour then died. I recharged it and eventually managed to start it but it just glows a dark blue colour and is very dull and doesn’t sync either, I am very disappointed and it seems this is a common problem with Fitbit. I am seriously thinking of getting an Apple Watch 

Best Answer

I agree. My versa will only flash the fitbit logo logo on and off. It will not respond at all. This started 14 months after purchase to the day.  I contacted fitbit help but they only suggested I try the restarted and clean the charging contacts.  When that didn't work they offered me 35% off another fitbit product.  Why would I spend that much money on a product that will only last me a year? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah, mine just crapped out yesterday, and it's just like everyone else describes.

I think it is a clear sign that Fitbit is not interested in making good quality products so much as they are interested in catching all the coins they can get out of us.

I can't help but feel there must be a better option- please share here if you find something good.

Fitbit - you should be ashamed, but as that is never going to happen, the only satisfaction available is to never give you another dime and to encourage everyone else I meet to never support you either.

Beyond disappointing, this feels like I've been violated and stolen from.

Thanks for nothing!

Best Answer
Yep! They offered me a discount on a brand new one too! SMH - my husband
surprised me with a Charge 4. Had to send it back because it wasn't
working. The replacement is working but it is definitely not the Versa. I
loved my versa. Was so sad and disappointed that the lifespan was so short.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Well said Jammer13. I couldn't agree more.
Best Answer

The exact same thing happened to me. Device was working great, then after chargeing, several white lines appeared on the screen, then it went blank. I tried a reset, but, can't get the 4 digit code needed to complete the process because the screen will not display anything. My Fitbit is less than 6 months old. I have loved it until now, but am currently very disappointed. HELP!!

Best Answer

I have got a watch now.

Sent from my iPhone

Moderator Edit: Content - Promoting

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hey - I was curious, did this happen after an update? That's when mine pooped out. Literally less than 24 hours after the update.
Best Answer
I can’t remember

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Yes it was within 24 hours of the update. Again, I beleive this is all on
Fitbit. They are pulling some shady Apple like stuff. Sending out updates
forcing the failures so you have to buy the next new product.
Best Answer
Wow!! I don't think it was coincidental then. I wonder just how many people have had there Versa's crap out on them because of this. I loved it while it was working....makes me sad.
Best Answer