Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa display is stuck at Fitbit logo screen

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Versa suddenly went to logo screen and won’t do anything. I have tried restarting it multiple times and even factory reset. I have deleted the app wiped all data etc etc like it was a brand new device and it still just stays on the logo screen apart from when syncing from the app I do get the passcode come up but once entered then it just returns to the fitbit logo.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
129 REPLIES 129

How did you fix this problem? My fitbit is doing exactly the same and I can't seem to restart my fitbit. Please help? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Call customer service.

Sent from iPhone

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have this same issue. My fit bit versa is stuck on the logo screen  and nothing I do will fix it. I have tried all of the solutions below but nothing is working. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Got mine a few months ago and now it's stuck on logo screen as well.  Grr.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone! due to the recent events, I apologize for the delayed response. However, thank you for participating in our Fitbit Community.

I'd like to follow up and help you with your Fitbit watches since they are stuck on the Fitbit logo.

Please try a factory reset. To do so on your device, follow the steps below:

1. On the device, hold all three buttons for about 10 to 12 seconds. 
  2. When the Fitbit logo disappears, quickly release the bottom right button, continuing to hold down the left and top right buttons (releasing the bottom right button as soon as the logo disappears is time sensitive). 
  3. When the device vibrates, release all buttons. 
  4. Wait for approximately 1-2 minutes while the device clears all data. Eventually, the Fitbit logo appears and the device boots and displays Fitbit.com/setup.
  5. Set up your watches from scratch

Finally, make sure that they're fully charged and see if the issue gets fixed.

Keep me posted on the outcome.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer

My Fitbit Versa is STUCK at the  Logo screen. I have tried everything that everyone said and it's still STUCK at the Logo screen.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine has done this since i've owned it. 

I've had to deal with support 6 times over it and the 5 times before this after a few weeks of leaving my fitbit out of battery  on the bedside table the holding down buttons reset worked and it would come backtolife, this time nothing works and the logo is on the screen all the time part from when battery dies and then it show 0% charge it and logo again, the app can't find it and i've not been able to use it for over 3 weeks. I've spent 3 hours on the phone, 4 hours in chat and have 46 emails back and forth with the support team over last 3 weeks..... finally they all agree that its defective and always had been so I can have a replacement if I post it to them (i'm in UK they are in Netherlands ) this'll cost me £15 to post which i'm meant to pay for, i refused and eventually they sent me a free post label. On reading on here how long it takes to get new one or that some don't get them I contacted them again and refused to post. Eventually they sent me link claim a replacement or 50% off a new device. i'm going to see if replacement arrives if not i'm taking this further as in UK its under warranty for 2 years so they need to fix it then i'm buying an apple watch. i've had fitbits since the start but after their shocking customer service i'm not buying another. My advice out of all this is don't give up just keep at them on all platforms. its hard work and very tiresome which is what they want I reckon and they hope we all give up and then it goes out of warranty. They eventually listen sometimes

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue with my wife's Versa 2.

Their support is useless. Device is bricked because of the firmware upgrade and i have been waiting ages just to hear from them.

Never again.

iwatch it is...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having exact same issue as Ross, plesse help! 

Fitbit logo just flashes on screen. Occasionally, after restart and app ready will sync but then goes right back to flashing logo (like a traffic caution light).

I've tried the restart and factory reset but can't even get it to factory reset to happen. 

What else can be done??

Best Answer
0 Votes
Follow the instructions on how to reset the device.It's a bit of tricky and it only worked for me after i tried it for days...
Hold the button for 8 sec.Release for 2Hold it again until it vibrates 
Remove/add the device back to your fiybit app

Sent from Rogers Yahoo Mail for iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've tried. Still flashing logo and randomly shows "data not cleared. Sync Try again"

Now what?? Any other suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had this issue at 13:30pm just as I went out for a 10k walk! I tried to reinstall the watch to the app while walking by it took 1.5 hours. It finished when i got home. The click faces wouldn't synchronise and my data did not show on the phone e.g. sleep, exercise days etc. I decided to check Google play and see if an update was required and it was for the app. Now everything is working fine.

Best Answer

My Fitbit Versa is back working. I left it on the charger for over 3 days, I went back to check it out (BOOM!!💣) It was working. I don't know if it was an update that fix it or a ghost 👻( Lol) . I just know it's back working... Good luck to you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried a few times this, still doesn't work

Best Answer
0 Votes

So this issue started with me today. I've restarted per your directions multiple times. I cannot take the additional step to rurn it off because the device won't go beyond the logo screen. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Seriously? Turn it off? If one could get it to where you see the settings, we wouldn't have an issue!

Best Answer

Mine did the exact same thing and then finally went blank and won't restart.

Because it is out of warranty I was offered a 25% discount on a new one.  It seems more could be done since this appears to be a wide spread problem that mostly occurred this past weekend.

Best Answer
That's exactly what happened to mine. It went black screen and is fried, apparently. Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer

I realized that the app updated the same day my Fitbit started having issues. It seems I've finally gotten it to factory reset after many attempts (after uninstalling and reinstalling the app) and adding a new device through the app, seriously took about 5 tries. Now it shows the clock face but the screen doesn't recognize touch, notifications don't come through and still will occasionally flash the Fitbit logo. My versa is less than 2 years old! This seems way to common for them not to address!! Maybe it's a bug in the app but that doesn't explain the issue with the screen not acknowledging tap/touch.  Any one able to reach out from Fitbit Customer Service??

Best Answer

it did not work

Best Answer