Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa display is stuck at Fitbit logo screen

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Versa suddenly went to logo screen and won’t do anything. I have tried restarting it multiple times and even factory reset. I have deleted the app wiped all data etc etc like it was a brand new device and it still just stays on the logo screen apart from when syncing from the app I do get the passcode come up but once entered then it just returns to the fitbit logo.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
129 REPLIES 129

I have a Fitbit Versa -- new used today.

Charged last night -- worked great today till around 10 tonight. Now stuck on today symbol on screen- wont do anything. 

Tried holding back and bottom button for 8 seconds- still same

Tried deleting and reinstalling app- nothing 

Anything else?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Soi tried again and this time when it asked if it was a new device I said yes and went from there.  Eventually it reloaded and is now working.  I have no clue but it worked so...

Very frustrating though.   Took another hour to fix.

I have to use Fitbit for an insurance  discount or I would go back to my Samsung Watch.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had 2 fitbits charge 2 and versa, seriously thinking of going to Samsung

Best Answer
0 Votes
  • I have the same problem with my Versa 2. 
Best Answer
0 Votes

You use the buttons to turn it off.  Hold all 3 buttons at once and keep an eye on the screen.  As soon as you see the logo dissappear, release the bottom right button only. Then after you feel a vibration, release all buttons

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ty, I did do that and it never came back so I did it again and instead of signing in, i chose "setvup new FitBit" and that worked.  It dud reload all my old info.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

It did what you said, The logo disappeared, Now i just have a Black Screen. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Spoiler

Try rebooting it again and if you see screen that says add a new device,click on that.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same problem. It paused on the gray logo. I performed a factory reset then set it up on a different device. It then updated and worked again. Hope I could help

Best Answer
0 Votes

changed phones. New phone wouldn't sink, reset the device, stuck on dreaded 38.6.1.1 firmware which would not load.  Initially took hours to load, then all I could get was the welcome screen and the white fitbit icon. Watch still syncs but when prompted to load software it fails. Best advice seems to be load it up on a pc via the charging dongle but that did not work for me.  I contacted support and got a replacement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here. I still had a few days left on my warranty so I got a replacement. Within 3 months, the screen is going out and it won’t hold a charge. Contacted CS to see if they could do something because obviously I was sent a defective replacement. All they offered was a coupon. No more Fitbit’s for me. Disappointing as I really did enjoy it. But after upgrading to avoid the issues from my first Fitbit, and then having problems with this one, I’m moving on to an Apple Watch. 

Best Answer

I completely agree with you.   

Best Answer
I got mine replaced under warranty also but no problems with the new one yet. But I also purchased a Samsung Galaxy Active 2. It does alot more.
Best Answer

same case, live chat support do not resolve this problem, they recomend to buy other fitbit 😡

Best Answer
0 Votes

There is only 1 button on the Versa lite??? No back or bottom buttons only 1 side button!  Logo won’t go away! Help

Best Answer
0 Votes
Went to a Garmin
Best Answer
0 Votes

All 3 buttons?  My versa 2 has 1 button, the back button

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had this same problem this morning. I was able to resolve by doing a hard reset and then putting it on the charger. 

Press and hold all 3 buttons until screen goes blank.
Leave it off for 5-10m

turn on (Press & hold L side and bottom R buttons 

place on charger. 
my logo went away only after it was on the charger for a few mins.

Best Answer

Im having the same problem and the button on the left doesn’t do anything. 
what should I do?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Now this really did the trick. I was trying to set it up from 0. Tried the method suggested by the moderators and didn't work. My versa wasn't recognized by neither 2 different brand smartphones. It was recognized by a MS Surface but the watch got stuck at white logo when trying to configure it. Following almost these exact steps make it work, this is what I did:

• Press and hold all 3 buttons until screen goes blank.
  • Leave it off for 5-10m
  • Do not turn it on. Place it on charger and let it turn on by itself.

Thank you fitmom!

• Go on and try to configure it again.
Best Answer
0 Votes