Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa display not working

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi everyone, I bought my Versa 2 months ago. I went swimming last week then was at a wedding so didn't wear my Fitbit. I put it on charge when I returned home but the display is not working properly and I can't see anything? Anyone help?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
206 REPLIES 206

I am a user of Fitbit Versa. My screen is not working. It is tracking the steps and all other activities.  Its charging as well  as synchronizing  to the mobile.  Can you please be of help 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have same problem, tried 3-button hard reset and no luck. I went through all posts and couldn't find a resolution on this problem, other than getting a replacement. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I bought my shortly after it came out for over $230! And now the screen is malfunctioning. And reading through the problems with the device I feel in wasted my money and I could have just kept my Samsung watch.

I would really appreciate getting what I paid for; a working bad **ahem** fitness watch.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had my Versa for 4 months and  am having this same problem. I tried installing the Simple clock face by Fitbit to see if that would make a difference. The app said it installed and it still syncs with the watch but the display will not show anything. Buttons reset method does not solve the problem. I have an email into the support team so I'm hoping I get a response and can utilize the 1 year warranty program without much hassle.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am now on my 3rd versa Fitbit and finally no problems!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
So far my replacement from Fitbit is behaving through 4 months.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I thought it was two years! It better be!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you find a solution to this? Mine did the same vertical lines (but I was NOT changing anything) and then it went black. No response to anything. Of course FitBit copies and pastes the same bogus instructions that I cannot even fully comply with (i.e. holding buttons until logo fades...because I have no display or logo to fade).  I am beyond frustrated and feel they need to replace it but cannot get true response.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is the exact type of response from fitbit that is INFURIATING.  Are you not reading the problem is we hav NO DISPLAY.  There is no logo to watch fade away and restart our device because it is a brick at this point. Your reply perpetuates the problem and the negative view of fitbit support

Best Answer

No solution yet! It's so rediculous. I should have stuck with my Samsung watch!! And these people can seem to comprehend what they read. I said my Fitbit screen is no longer working and they tell me sorry for you connectivity problem? I wish it were merely that!

Best Answer

And thet DO need to replace it. I spent a lot of money on something to go to **ahem** so soon?! WTF

Best Answer
Fitbit wound up sending me a new Versa but after that being my 3rd
replacement in 6 months I gave it to my 11 year old & bought myself an
Apple Watch. I haven’t looked back & so mad at myself for just not buying
the Apple Watch first!
--
Jamie
Best Answer
0 Votes

Your third?!

I was under the illusion Fitbit was a reputable company with quality products! I'm sadden by the error for sure.

My boyfriend just wants me to get an able watch but I don't really like Apple. Haha.

A switch just may be in the near future.

Best Answer

I've been in communication with Fitbit via email and after a couple of back and forths they are sending me a replacement.  Said I should get it in 5-7 days.  Hopefully this one will last more than 4 months.  Support was quicker in their responses than how I thought it would go so I have no complaints there.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Well I’d get something comparable to an Apple Watch then because I don’t have a lot of faith in these Versas! There are so many other smart watches out there that’ll track your fitness for you now!

Jamie
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Manoj-PA and @Kishore-GV thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. It's great to have you on board. It's nice to see you too @JamieF95@snmaupin@BananaFollowYou@chell20837@Sherylwin and @ncbitman

First of all, I would like to apologize for the delay in the response.I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your experience with us. @snmaupin@BananaFollowYou and @Kishore-GV I have reached out our Support Team and it seems you've already created a case with them and you have already reached a satisfactory resolution with them, I'm very glad. 

We really appreciate our members's feedback and I would like to thank you for yours. Our team is always looking to improve the Fitbit experience and your insight is very helpful to reach that end. I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences this situation has caused you, please remember that we do not expect manufacturing issues to affect our devices, but keep in mind that every Fitbit device comes with a limited product warranty.

In case you have inquiries or doubts about what it covers, you can check it on this article: Return Policy & Warranty.

@Manoj-PA at this moment, I would like to ask you to perform a factory reset on your Versa. Note that a Factory reset will remove your settings, information that hasn't been synced and apps you have installed but might fix this issue with the display. Please sync your Versa one last time before starting and then go to the Settings app in your Versa, tap on About > Factory Reset and follow the instructions. 

You will need to set up your Versa as a new device after the factory reset, please follow these steps:

1. Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device.
  2. Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account symbol at the top right corner of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"
  3. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue
  4. When the app asks you to replace your current tracker, please replace it and continue with the process.
  5. When a pop-up appears asking you to Pair your tracker to your device, tap on Pair and continue.

Thanks for your patience and understanding, if there's anything else we can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am on my second Versa, bought the first one it only lasted a few months. Bought this one in Nov and now the exact same thing. Screen death. They really are crap. I am going to stop using Fit bit and try another brand. It bugs me because all my data is in here since 2017 when I got my first fit bit. I have bought way to many now and the product life is horrible. 

I don't have time for systems issues, tech support, returning to manufacture etc. I just wanted to buy something that worked. Fit bit is not it, I have a few friends that have switch brands as well. What do you guys think is a better brand since I will be starting all my data over? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

fitbit finally agreed to send a new device out - I was just 10 days shy of the one-year cut off. Had they not agreed to, I would have switched brands. I have samsung/droid devices so apple watch is not an option (or I would have gone there). I'm researching samsung's smart watch and will keep an eye on them for the next time my fitbit fails...because it is only a matter of time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My boyfriend loves his apple watch. She keeps telling me to get it and I am hesitant because I don't really like apple merchandise. It's cliche nowadays and everybody wants one and Im just not into fads. But he has had it for a long time and it works well his phone has continued to work well while my Samsung and my Fitbit have been very problematic for me. They are sending me a new Fitbit and I hope it works. If the screen craps out again I'm going to throw a fit. And I will disown Fitbit. I tried to use the Samsung smartwatch but it was just way too manly of a watch. And it was so huge on my wrist, I hated it. So I decided to get that Fitbit and I was happy for a little while. then that Fitbit broke and my best friend who later passed bought me a new one so I really want this to work so I can keep her memory on my wrist. Good luck to you and you were watching journey and let me know if you find anything that works.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I gave Fitbit up. I’d been a customer since 2015!! The Versa was the last
straw. I do not consider a good product something that needs replacing 3x
in 6 months. I went with an Apple Watch & my only regret is that I didn’t
switch to Apple Watch earlier!! I’d suggest an Apple Watch or something
similar that’s compatible with whatever phone you have!
--
Jamie
Best Answer
0 Votes