Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa displaying "To start download the Fitbit app"

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had my Versa since May 4th and it worked until last night when it went back to the original screen that says " to start download the fitbit app." Not sure what would have caused this or how to fix it? I did uninstall and re install the app and that didn't do anything. It also has not synced since 5/28. This is my first Fitbit and unfortunately my $30 Walmart tracker works better. Help?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
27 REPLIES 27

I think you need to set it up again. I have no idea why or how it did that, but it sounds as if it factory reset somehow. I would also restart it a few times first, then set up. Let us know how you go.

Restart your tracker

How do I set up my tracker?

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
Thank you for the help. I did have to set it up again but it's working now.
Best Answer
0 Votes

A warm welcome to the Community @countrygirl05 and @NellyG thanks for stopping by.

I am glad to see here that the instructions provided by our friend worked and that your Versa is now working properly. If you need anything else, do not hesitate to post it.

Keep the stepping up. Robot Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

Hi..got my new Versa 12 hours ago. Haven't been able to use it yet.

The display continues to show 'To start, download the Fitbit app'.

I've re-installed the app on my phone,

Restarted the Versa 3 times, to no avail..

Best Answer

@niyazashraf I would go through the setup process again. See links in the earlier post in this thread.

Best Answer

I'm just wondering did you get this sorted? Im set it up numerous times now and it still says download app first on the screen?

Best Answer
Yeah..I re-installed the app twice. It worked fine after that.

--

*Niyaz*
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine does as well. Did not want another career path. Right now, feeling like a waste of money.

Best Answer

this has just happened to my versa as well. every time i try to set it up again it gets almost fully downloaded then says it has failed.

getting really frustrating!

what did you do to fix yours pleas help?

Best Answer

I feel your pain. My Versa is showing the same message after performing a factory reset (I did this in an attempt to update the firmware to try and resolve a Wi-Fi connection issue)

Now its showing the same message and it won't sync to my app regardless of several attempts to delete and re-add the app.  Soft reboots on the watch don't help either.

I'm at a total loss!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SallyFitz Before setting up Versa again (after factory reset), you also need to delete it from your Fitbit account in the Fitbit mobile app as well as Paired Devices list in your phone Bluetooth settings. After doing that, reboot your phone and Versa by pressing and holding the left and bottom right buttons until Fitbit logo flashes. Now, Versa should display Setup screen. Open Fitbit mobile app and set up Versa by adding a new device. Important: make sure you have a good wifi connection. If your wifi network is poor, use a different one. Also, make sure all involved devices are near the router.

Marrrmaduke | Canada
Charge HR, Blaze, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire HR, Versa Lite, Versa SE, Aria

Best Answer

My versa did not respond to re-installing the app, nor trying to do the set up over and over again. Its just scrolling thru all the languages , once to English it says " to start download the app" ,Can anyone assist ?

Best Answer

I have the same issue. In the past s reboot solved all issues, but  I'm suspecting the recent firmwear update was buggy and my versa is now in a loop. I hope dinner one from Fitbit is reading this and can provide s fix.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I hope some one from Fitbit is reading this and can provide a fix. Suspecting the recent firmwear update was buggy... My versa is now in a loop.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry, Google changed some words, retyped below.

Best Answer
0 Votes

after trying and re-trying anything/everything I could think of dozens of times over several days (pushing buttons in all sequences, combinations, timings in and out of the charger); a few minutes ago, my versa broke out of it's loop and started displaying a four-digit number. At the same time; the fitbit app on my mobile phone asked for a four digit number (!!!) I entered the number from the versa onto my phone, and the versa and phone together completed 2 of 3 setup steps... and promptly failed again (the versa displayed a big red "X"). Then, after a few minutes, the third step completed OK. Following that, the BlueTooth link step failed. I turned the versa OFF using the option from the menu tree on the versa, then I turned the versa back on again; and after that, the versa showed up on my phone's blue tooth screen and it linked up OK. 

Did some one from fit bit corporation read my post and break my versa's death-loop remotely (a bit freaky to consider, but thanks?) or just total coincidence. In either event; my versa is working OK now. The clock face is different, but I don't care; I'm surprised at how much I missed my versa for the few days it was in a loop, nice to have it back.

Best Answer

I was finally able to connect..i had to do it thru my computer..download app from microsoft store and placed watch on charger whole connected to computer ..

Best Answer

Mine is saying I need to down load when my phone says it downloaded successfully.  my versa is not doing anything.  just shows the emblem

how did yours start working

Best Answer
0 Votes
I just resetted it over and over again and eventually it just worked. Very annoying.Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer