Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa displaying "To start download the Fitbit app"

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had my Versa since May 4th and it worked until last night when it went back to the original screen that says " to start download the fitbit app." Not sure what would have caused this or how to fix it? I did uninstall and re install the app and that didn't do anything. It also has not synced since 5/28. This is my first Fitbit and unfortunately my $30 Walmart tracker works better. Help?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
27 REPLIES 27

I have a problem with installing some apps like spotify. It keeps on saying "To instal this app, make sure the fitbit app on your phone and your fitbit device have the latest update"

If you've got a fix please reply.

Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes

So many people have these problem with Fitbit after paying a lot of money for them. It’s a completely unreliable product. I have had so many issues I eventually just bought an Apple Watch.

Best Answer
1. :I've had only one (1) major, frustrating issue with my fitbit versa; otherwise, it's worked fine. And the band broke; I replaced the band.
2. When it works; it's great. It's smaller, lighter, less flashy, and cheaper than an apple watch. It's a good deal, and really very nice.
3. However; the newest (most expensive) apple watch has a great new feature: I read a story about a bicyclist who fell unconscious, lying in a ditch alongside the road; and the cyclist's apple watch called for help. Whether the cyclist (or could have been a hiker, skier, etc.) was hit by a car, slipped on ice and fell, or had a heart attack (etc.); if the apple watch can save you from dying even once, it could be worth the extra few hundred dollars. The next versa needs to add this functionality!   
Best Answer

Hi Steve

I just gifted with Versa Lite and I have been trying to make it work since the last 3 days !! I have paired the device with the app on my phone and its syncing.  But the watch doesn't work....it is showing the fitbit logo and "to start: download the fitbit app".  I have installed, uninstalled and re-installed the app already at least 3-4 times !! the screen doesn't respond beyond that.  Only when syncing, the logo turns white and glows.

Frustrated !!  a cheaper $10 dollar tracker is better !!  Is this a defective piece of a watch ?? feel like throwing it away.  Disappointed that such an expensive tracker is so difficult to use.

Best Answer
0 Votes
That was a bug in one of the software versions from about a year ago. You can restore your watch to factory specs and then install the current version which has no issues.
The good news is that it's not a hardware issue. The bad news is that I don't remember the exactt sequence of buttons to push, but one of the other posts will surely have the answer.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks.

There is only 1 button in Versa Lite. And I don't anything on the screen
except that "to start......" msg. How do I factory reset it?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Connecting to the computer and downloading the app onto the computer was the only way I could set up the Versa too.  Thanks for the tip!

Best Answer
0 Votes

You are the only one who mentions deleting the device from the Fitbit app... THANK YOU!!! I completely forgot about that and have been getting extremely frustrated!

Best Answer
0 Votes