Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa face fell off

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So last night my Versas face fell off... it was just hanging there and now won’t work at all!this is  the second versa I have had to replace and I’m totally bummed. The fist time Fitbit replaced it because the screen went black but I don’t think they will do it again but I’m at a loss. I’m just so sad!

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity. 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi everyone.

Thanks for taking the time to share these details and your efforts while contacting our Support team. Let me share that every case is handled individually and based on our Warranty Policy. I understand where you're coming from and I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. Our team constantly works to improve our devices and services, and the input we receive from our members is a big part of the process. Your feedback is truly appreciated and please know it won't be taken for granted.

To keep threads on topic or tailed to a specific topic, I'm going to close this thread from further comments. However, if you have a different question, you can create a new thread to receive help from the Community. Please note you can always visit our Help Site where you'll find more information about our products, features, as well as troubleshooting steps.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
55 REPLIES 55

Hi, do you mean that the glass/touch screen of your Versa fell off? If yes, please contact Customer Support about this weird problem. It shoudn't come off spontaneously. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

image.jpg

Best Answer

B23EC401-6620-4509-9D26-7BDB6C08C213.jpeg

F1A7E6A9-ECD8-47C1-88EF-7AA2CB60557F.jpeg

Best Answer

Hi, do not see any reply/message, only 7 hours ago.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried to post photos but I guess they aren’t showing. Yes the glass face just disconnected. I was in the shower and when I got out I was putting my hair up and I felt something hitting the side of my face. I looked down and  it was the glass front of the versa, just hanging by a couple of ribbon like wires. The glass itself is not cracked or damaged but the black gasket that goes around it feels kind of sticky or tacky I’m assuming that’s what holds it in place maybe the heat of the shower is the cause. I’m not really sure. I just know I’m sad

Best Answer

my Versa face fell off yesterday morning.  I was getting out of the shower, felt something touch my wrist near my FitBit band.  Looked down and the Versa face was dangling by a wire.  Oh no!!!!  It was like seeing my hand fall off!  I was heading to a family funeral and unable to do anything but leave by five loved FitBit on the nightstand until today.

i called Customer Support this morning. Promptly received an email with a case number.  I responded to the email with a photo as directed.  Now I’m mourning the absence of my Versa while I await a replacement.  

I hope FitBit corrects the issue so others do not experience the same trauma of seeing the Versa innards!

Best Answer

My entire face fell off  went to look at the time and it was gone I so hope they will replace it I love my fitbit. I've only had it 10 months 😞

Best Answer

If you can....return your Fitbit and get your money back! Fitbit absolute does not support their product. The face falling off is definitely a known issue...yet they’ve not resolved it. They offer you 25% the purchase of a new one. Why on earth would somebody buy another Fitbit product with a known defective issue the company does not stand behind or support? Forget about the horrid battery life! Their solution for that...turn off all watch features...you know the stuff you bought the watch for in the first place...then you will get better battery life. Ridiculous!

Best Answer

Mine did the same last night.... Im hopeful they will stand behind their product.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine did the same thing starting yesterday. I called today but because it is out of warranty they aren’t replacing it and have no options for repairing it. They sent me a discount to buy a new one. I think they finally drove me to an Apple Watch. 

Best Answer
Same experience. I ended up with another Versa after really looking at the
price and differences in tracking. I came close to Apple but in the end
decided I like what Fitbit offers. Now, I am going with the mindset that
it will last for 18 months and then I get the latest.... I’ll likely switch
eventually if they don’t get their quality back to acceptable levels. Best
of luck, I know it stinks
Best Answer

Well I received the replacement Versa from FitBit.  I kept it dry, no more wearing it in the shower etc. until lately.  I forgot to remove it when I went into a swimming pool.  The pool is only 42” deep water and I was just chilling with grandkids.  Sadly my second Versa has proven FitBig had not fixed the issue of their products not bring water resistant as they claim.  So again, I’ll contact Customer Support and see what my options are.  I suspect I’m only going to be offered a 25% discount to purchase yet another of their products that will fail to meet their claims.  Might be time for an Apple Watch.

Best Answer

Same happened to my Fitbit versa 2. It’s not even 1 year since I bought it!

what should I do?

Best Answer

I would open a chat session with support and explain the situation. My first device was less than a year old so they sent me a new one free of charge.  The service was amazing and the process was easy.  Unfortunately, they will not provide the same level of service or guarantee on the replacement.... they did however offer a nice discount. 

Hope that helps. 

Best Answer
Thanks a lot!!!!
I contacted Customer Service and they assigned a case number.
Hopefully they’ll replace mine too.

Best Regards,
LigiaF

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

I just had the same thing happen and since it is out of warranty they just gave me a discount code to purchase a new one.  The code was not any better than the rate I can get it on Amazon today.  For the cost of the watch, you would like to think that it would hold up better.  I am moving to an Apple watch.  It does cost more, but I could have had one with the amount I would have to spend to get a new Versa and they do not seem to have this issue.

Best Answer
Hi,

I am sorry to hear that :-(.
I got a case number but didn’t get anything just yet.
Everything is slower these days.
I was happy with the versa watch but if my case it’s not solved properly I might do the same.
Until you get a replacement you might use a protective screen (from Amazon) that keeps it in place. This just as a temporary solution if the watch is still working 🙂
Best Answer
0 Votes

This just happened to me tonight 🙄😔

I was just sitting in my chair and was getting up and looked down and the face was just flopping around.  It still works but the face doesn't stay in place. Like you, I'm terribly 

JuanJoFitbit_0-1629375455802.png

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

Just happened to me last night! I Google and found this. The face/screen was just hanging off. Very strange! I was trying to see if this was a known issue. Apparently it is! Bummed about this. I had a different fitbit after years ago that just stopped charging and wouldn't turn on. I gave Fitbit another chance and now look. Ugh! 😑

Best Answer