Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa face fell off

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So last night my Versas face fell off... it was just hanging there and now won’t work at all!this is  the second versa I have had to replace and I’m totally bummed. The fist time Fitbit replaced it because the screen went black but I don’t think they will do it again but I’m at a loss. I’m just so sad!

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity. 

Best Answer
55 REPLIES 55

Same thing happened to me. Out of the 365 days warranty so Fitbit won’t replace it. Just offered a 35% discount towards a new watch. Shame on them. Samsung or Apple might be a better fit for me. 

Good thing you were within the 365 days warranty. I wasn’t. No replacement for mine.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
I was only offered a 35% discount too. I wound up just getting a Sense.
Hopefully it will be more sturdy than the others. If this one has issues, I
will be done with Fitbit. I can't afford to keep buying $200-300+ fitness
watches every year!

Tonya
Best Answer

I've had this happen twice now. Not sure I want another one to just do the same thing again. I've never even wore my second one in the water. I don't know why such back quality for such a high priced wearable! 

Best Answer

This happened to me today. This watch cost 150 dollars.  The face should not come off.

Same thing just happened to me. It's been less than 2 years. A face falling off should be replaced regardless of the time. It's clearly a defective product.  I have been a loyal fitbit customer.  I am looking into other options to replace the watch. I don't like wasting my money.

I agree, I have never worn mine in water. This watch is too expensive to be so cheaply made.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

This happened to me a few days ago.  Just really disappointed as I really like the FitBit app interface.. I have NEVER worn my fitbit in the shower.. 😩🥲

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is exactly what happened to mine last night. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same thing happened to my Versa... TWICE!  Waiting on customer service to respond to this second claim.  I never wear my Versa around water, it does not get wet!  This should not be happening!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I didn’t wear mine in or around water either and I totally agree it
shouldn’t be happening.
For the amount they cost it shouldn’t happen.
Best Answer

Exactly!  They know they have a problem!

-----------------

I heard back from customer service....they said my Versa's "limited warranty" expired, it has been less than a year.  I was offered a 35% discount to get another one.  Really Fitbit??? Why would I buy another one with you knowing selling a defective product?  No thanks!   Consumers should be warned!!!!!!!!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just here to vent. I'm done. This is the 3rd time a Fitbit has fallen apart on me in a little over 2 years (an original Versa, a Versa 2  and now a Versa 3). The face just falls off randomly.

I babied this last one. No swimming or showers. Seems like an unending cycle to get me to keep upgrading to the newest watch. Time to see what Samsung's reliability is like or I'll begrudgingly buy an Apple Watch and admit they can't be matched on quality. I just want a few good years with a smartwatch.

This is my rage quit from the Fitbit cycle.👋 Goodbye.

Best Answer

Totally get it.  They should last longer. I said good @Fitbit and have not looked back.  

Best Answer
Good luck with your switch. I ended up getting a Fitbit sense. Hope it is
better!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I went with a Samsung watch.  I absolutely love it! More features with the fitness app.  So it was a blessing for Fitbit to not stand behind their product. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The exact same thing just happened to me. Not sure what I'm going to do, glue maybe

Best Answer
0 Votes
My husband re-glued mine. Only thing is be very careful and not get it on
the little button that you change and turn it on. It worked for him but it
was very difficult, so the kids all went together and got him a new one.
Good luck
Martha
Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same problem, is it fixable??

Best Answer
0 Votes
No fix. They won’t replace it if you bought it over a year ago.
Best Answer
0 Votes

This happened to me yesterday, sad to see that this is something that happens frequently.  I ended up using nail glue and gluing it back together and it is working for now.  I have really liked this watch but don't want to have to buy another one every year or so.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Exactly! Mine was almost two years old, and I contacted them actually gave
me a discount on a new one. Hoping my new one doesn’t do this as well. But
time will tell.
My husband used super glue but he wasn’t careful and got it on the button,
so couldn’t change anything.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m getting one replaced on them. But that was 3 days ago. It was supposed to arrive today. It was in PA. Now when I looked at the tracking it will arrive in North Carolina tomorrow. My replacement was literally 20 miles away today and is now going to North Carolina. I may be done with Fitbit after this. This is my second watch in 18 months.

Best Answer
0 Votes