Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa has gone black and won't charge

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Versa has gone black - won't charge (tried multiple different outlets and USB ports), tried to re-set it (multiple times) without success. It's 11 months old, so naturally I don't have the receipt any more... 

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Beeftorious.

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and sharing that your Versa has gone black and won't charge. Thanks for trying to resolve this, I appreciate the additional details and I am here to help. I recommend doing the following:

1. Follow the complete troubleshooting instructions at Why isn't my Fitbit device's battery charging?

2. If the issue persists try to do a factory reset. Please note that you'll need to reinstall any apps on your device after the reset, and if you couldn’t sync your device, then any data on the Fitbit device will be lost. In order to do the factory reset, please do the following:

1. On the watch, hold all three buttons for about 10 to 12 seconds.
  2. When the Fitbit logo disappears, quickly release the bottom right button, continuing to hold down the left and top right buttons (releasing the bottom right button as soon as the logo disappears is time sensitive). 
  3. When the device vibrates, release all buttons. 
  4. Wait for approximately 1-2 minutes while the device clears all data. Eventually, the Fitbit logo appears and the device boots and displays Fitbit.com/setup.

Once the Fitbit.com/setup screen appears, open the Bluetooth settings on your phone and unpair the watch from the list. Then, please set up the watch back to your account with the instructions on this link: How do I set up my Fitbit device? 

Let me know how it goes. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi, I followed all of your suggestions but still no luck - the screen is still black. Is there a way to send it back for repair or return?

Thank you for your help.

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your reply, @Beeftorious.

I appreciate your efforts and the additional details. Since the issue persists, I've sent your information to the Customer Support team so they can get in touch with you and provide further assistance. You should be getting a reply soon. 

Let me know if you have any questions.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes