Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa heart rate incorrect - Too high

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My heart rate on my Versa has not been accurate recently. It normally sits around 70-90bpm, with activity levels being reasonably low.

Recently my heart rate is showing as 155-191bpm with 771mins per day of cardio and peak activity. I work at a desk all day.

This now means that I am unable to track me heart rate, activity levels and monitor my sleep. Leaving the step counter and time as the only working functions.

I have contacted fitbit who have been unable to resolve so far. I’ve reset it, let the battery die and started again, deleted and reinstalled the app.

Has anyone else experienced this and if so what resolved it?

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
15 REPLIES 15

@Dan_kirk_88 welcome to our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry about the heart rate issues that your Fitbit Versa is experiencing.

Our team is actively working on a fix to this issue and expect to have a solution released soon. Once a solution is available, we'll make sure to post it in the Community. I totally understand how frustrating this is and we appreciate your feedback and comments since this helps us to keep improving.

I also appreciate your patience and time with this.

I'll be around if any question arises.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer

Thank you for your post... at least someone answered your from Tech Support.  Since i did the Fitbit update, my Versa heart rate and sleep Tracker have stopped working.  I was frustrated and spent an hour, restarting, deleting app, re-install, and thinking I did something to mess it up.  

Hope this gets fixed soon as so many people use both trackers.  Just wanted you to know that your not alone in waiting for a fix. 

Best Answer

I am having the same issue and have only had the versa for just over a month now. I read in another forum that you can change the clock face and that sometimes helps. I have already tried all the fixes that fitbit has offered on many different forums and none of them worked. It's very frustrating to see so many people having the same issue. I've read forums all the way back to early 2018 and it's the same thing over and over. Many people have just given up and either gone back to their old watch or gone to a different brand. I hope that an update with a fix is given out soon.

Best Answer

5DCED038-6619-4D0D-BA29-48347BACA72C.jpeg

According to Fitbit this is my activity over this last week - the information is clear and available as can be seen in the picture above. I have around a years worth of data to compare to my actual activity levels. It has never been anywhere near these extremes. For Fitbit to fail to repair or rectify this issue is absolutely shocking and I certainly did not pay over £200+ for a high tech watch than no longer works in less than 1 year.

Best Answer

Mine is doing the same thing, my watch is defective and they apologized for the inconvenience but it isire than an inconvenience ts broken and I can't use and is skewing all my data. When I call customer service I talk to people from Nicaragua who have no authority to honor a warranty. In the past when the watched stopped working fitbit replaced it. This is really frustrating because I reply on the watch a lot. 

Best Answer

My Versa does same thing after working well for nearly 2 years. In addition to the high heart rate and excessive high activity readings my battery life dropped from 4 to 5 days to only 2 days.  I have to recharge it every other day. 

Tried all resets etc with no results. If it don't get resolved soon I'm going to try another brand. 

Best Answer

Same issue for me.  Did a resolution from Fitbit get posted?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Ends up my tracker was bad so they replaced it.
Best Answer
Haven't seen anything. One person received a replacement but mine is a couple years old and out of warranty. Sent from Samsung tablet.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here! My activity levels are off the charts. And now the watch doesn't appear to be charging.

Best Answer
0 Votes

How did you get them to replace it? Like who did you call/email, what did you say, etc 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately mine is the same 😕 Have you had any luck yet? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, Anyone get this resolved? I have the same issues with my Versa Lite. Since early November 2021 my Heart Rate reading is off the charts and sleep monitoring doesn't work. In addition, the battery needs to be recharged more frequently (almost daily).  I tried all the recommended solutions listed on the community board and nothing works.  (remove the app and reload, reset several times, sync, resync, clean sensor, turn off the heart rate and back on, etc.). Thanks

Best Answer
Sorry for replying so late.
I didn’t find a solution to the problem but, ironically my Versa mysteriously returned to normal after about a month giving the high heart rates and using battery. I can’t explain it. I tried all the restarts, the hard restarts and resetting everything to the original settings. Nothing worked. I kept using it since it was recording steps properly and keeping time. Then, mysteriously, it started functioning correctly and battery life increased significantly and has been ever since. I didn’t do anything to it to cause the change and can’t explain why it happened but it happened just before I purchased a different watch.

Sorry I’m not any help but maybe you will see the same thing happen with yours. It is frustrating.

Carl Barchet PE
(812) 431-8359

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you.  I hope my watch mysteriously starts working again.  I'll wait and see while I research other options.

Best Answer