Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa heart rate reading way too low during cardio

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

As reported by others, my Versa generally reports my heart-rate too high (compared to other heart-rate monitors, as well as manual measurement). But this is not about that.

When the treadmill at the gym is showing me a steady heart-rate reading of around 160 (measured by holding the metal grips), more often than not, my Versa will report something below 100, sometimes close to 80. Way too low. Please advise.

Note: This may or may not be relevant, but I sweat a lot while running. Could that have something to do with it? There is undoubtedly sweat between the watch and my skin at those times. This is something I feel a fitness tracker should be able to handle, but I thought I would mention it. Let me know if I should provide any additional information.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Poster edit: subject to properly reflect my meaning

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hey @mhelvens and @Sensei-D, it's great to see you around.

I appreciate all the efforts in trying to fix this issue and recommend taking a look at this post, where you will be able to see some things that might be affecting this reading and some tips to improve it.

I hope this helps, let me know the outcome. Robot Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Mine reads around 120 while the treadmill is only reading 78.  I'm certain that the treadmill is the one that's way off during my experience as 71 is the average rate on the fitbit while I'm sitting doing nothing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @mhelvens and @Sensei-D, it's great to see you around.

I appreciate all the efforts in trying to fix this issue and recommend taking a look at this post, where you will be able to see some things that might be affecting this reading and some tips to improve it.

I hope this helps, let me know the outcome. Robot Happy

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wearing the watch higher up my wrist seems to work. Not ideal, but that's one problem solved. Thanks!

Best Answer

Those are great news @mhelvens.

I am glad to hear that this issue has been resolved, if there is anything else we can help you with, do not hesitate to post it.

Keep the stepping up! Man Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes