Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa heart rate tracking issue

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hey everyone! So my Versa is having issues with detecting my heart rate and IDK how to fix it. It stopped altogether displaying the "-" symbol for a few days. I figured once I completed the new update which was done today it would be fine. Well it has started to display a heart rate....but it's not accurrate whatsoever. For example, laying on the couch with a heart rate of 132 is not accurrate. I have turned the heart rate on and off and re-synced with my app. I have restarted it 4-5 times as well. I am seriously at a loss. Has anyone else had this issue? Thanks in advance for all of your help!

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
33 REPLIES 33

Hi MarreFitbit ~ Unfortunately, I was told my versa was past the warranty. This seems to be a fitbit issue, not a user issue. I had to do 2 tests for customer service & was then told it was out of warranty. I don't think the 25% discount on a new device was appropriate, especially given this is happening to A LOT of users. I've always enjoyed my Fitbit ~ I have had 4 over the years.I will now be moving onto the Apple Watch. If there was a better resolution to this issue I might not change. Onward & Upward!

Tina

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for posting the Fitbit Help phone number.  I got a new Versa 2 yesterday and found this morning that my Heart Rate was not recording.  Turned out to be a problem in Settings.  Apparently I turned the Heart Rate off without realizing it when I was exploring. So glad to have an easy fix!!!

Best Answer

Hello @TinaScherz, I totally understand where you're coming from. As mentioned in my previous post, for more information about the outcome of your case, please get in touch with our team again so they can detailed why you were offered a 25% instead of a replacement. You can also check our warranty policies here for a better understanding of this situation. 

Hello there @JudyReno, welcome to the Community Forums. I'm glad to hear that your heart rate is now showing on your Versa 2. For more details about this, see: How do I track my heart rate with my Fitbit device? and What factos can affect my heart-rate reading on my Fitbit device?

I'll be around if there's any questions present.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yep, same issue only I don’t get any reading at all.  Heart rate tracking just stopped working all of the sudden. Settings, resets, did all of it, and no change. Support had me do everything I had already tried. Of course it’s just about 3 month over the warranty period so no replacement. The 25% off is a joke when the next one will only last just as long and they are often on sale. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @SunsetRunner, welcome on board. We acknowledge the limitation we have on our part particularly on what you have experienced. We‘re taking into consideration your comments and sentiments with regards to our products and services.

Discounts and replacements depend on tracker model and other factors. For more information about the outcome of your cases, please get in touch with our them again and also, you can check our warranty policies here for a better understanding of the information that they provided to you.

I'll be around.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's really terrible customer service. This is obviously a tracker issue Fitbit is having. There is no reason why(warranty expiration or not) that they should not replace the tracker! I'm most probably going to move onto the Apple watch. My son has had one for a few years & not an issue!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m looking into going with an Apple Watch too. I’d rather spend more money on something I know will last. I haven’t heard a bad thing about them from people I know that have them. It’s a shame because I’ve had fitbits for 7 years now. Seems like the quality just isn’t there. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am very familiar with the warranty policy. My problem is one a month after the warranty expired my Fitbit bit the dust. Shame on me for not getting a protection policy but in this day and age you would think that things would be designed to outlast more than one month past their warranty.. Very disappointed. I love the Fitbit I decided to go with another Fitbit versa 2 but this time I bought a three-year protection policy.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I think we got blocked for speaking the truth and calling them out. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Why are posts blocked from this topic? I got them in an email. Way to censor when you don’t like what’s being said. 

Best Answer

OMG ~ are you kidding?🤬 I guess they knew we were right. Like I said, a good business would’ve replaced those trackers, no questions asked. I’m tempted to put something on Twitter, companies HATE that! 

Best Answer

I too have realized that my HR function is not working and hasn't been for about a week. I have looked up all the ways to try and fix this issue but have not had any luck. My versa is just over a year old and have been having other issues with it as well. Im almost to the point of buying a different brand. Has anyone been able to fix their HR issue? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
My Versa went black for 2 days. As soon as it happened I put it on the charger and left it on. Then randomly, I get a notification on my phone that my Versa was fully charged!? I was checking it regularly during those 2 days. Now everything seems to be working correctly so I am not sure what happened. I don't know how long this will last or what changed (software update?) but I have not changed my mind yet about leaving Fitbit. 

Sent from AT&T Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes
My issue with a new Versa 2 was that I had turned off Heart Rate in settings on the watch.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes