Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa is died, black screen and no charge

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello

This Thursday, April 23rd, when I woke up, my Versa was completely off, the black screen, no light on the back.

I followed different solutions found in this fitbit forum:

1. An update could have used up all the battery, it recommended to charge the Versa for 2 hours. After a morning of charging no results.
  2. Try the forced restart explained here https://help.fitbit.com/articles/fr/Help_article/1186. No result.
  3. Factory reset with all 3 buttons pressed for 30 seconds. No result.

The screen is always off, no light on, no vibration, plus Bluetooth sync.

What can I do?

Thank you in advance for your answer.
Olivier

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

same thing happened to just yesterday, i tried to charge it so it can turn on and it wont turn on anymore ive tried everything

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same issue couple of days ago. I contacted Fitbit support and was told to clean the gold contacts on the device using rubbing alcohol and a tooth pick or cotton swab. I tried that but didn't help.

You could try that too. 

I contacted the support again and was provided with a 25 % discount for new fitbit device when ordered through FitBit.com and the coupon expires in 30 days. I haven't made a decision yet. Hope you are lucky and can get your device to work again. Good luck !

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue with mine.  It stopped working 2 days ago.  I was reading through the limited warranty details and you should be able to return the fitbit and have it either replaced or refurbished, subject to Fitbit's discretion.  I'm wondering why they are only offering you a 25% discount on a new one?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same with mine.  When I have tried charging it, the watch heats up.

Best Answer
0 Votes
My limited warranty expired. May be that's why. Haven't decided on getting
another versa though
Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried to clean the the gold contacts with alcohol but didn't help.

I bought mine in June 2019, I think the limited warranty is still valid

Best Answer
0 Votes
It's good you are still in warranty. FitBit would replace your device. Good
luck.
Best Answer