Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa is dying in a matter of hours

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello, 

A few days ago, I noticed my Fitbit kept dying really fast. Yesterday, I read forums and tried everything I could find, except the factory reset. My Fitbit was 100% charged this morning and within a half hour, it has gone down to 53%. I’ve tried the factory reset several times just now, but it won’t connect successfully. I’ve uninstalled the app and the removed the Fitbit from the app, my Fitbit is on the charger, WiFi is good, it says they’re Bluetooth paired on my phone, I’ve restarted the Fitbit several times. I’ve only had it for 6 months. I really don’t want to buy another. Anyone have any other ideas? Thank you! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hi, sorry to read about your problems. I would advice to contact Customer Support, the can do a battery test. Good luck!

Best Answer

I have become really disappointed with Fitbit overall.  I've been a loyal customer for years and have been reading comments about different models having the same problem.  My Alta goes off the minute I remove it from the charger.  It is completely charged.  My problem started some time ago with my fitbit not lasting more than a day.  Then it started dying in the middle of the day.  Yesterday, it died completely.  I had to start counting my own steps and logging them in the app but I've lost a lot of steps. Now it's just not working.  I was thinking of upgrading to Versa but have changed my mind. I will never recommend Fitbit again to my friends. I'm thinking of moving on to an Apple watch.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, I’ve been having a lot of issues with mine. I’ve shutdown and factory reset several times because it has connectivity issues. I would switch to Apple Watch too, but when it comes to tracking fitness, Fitbit is so much better. I would hate to switch and be unhappy, but having something that actually works and doesn’t have so much connectivity issues might be worth it. 😫 

I was on the phone with Fitbit support this morning. They had me do another reset and they are going to monitor my battery. We will see how things go. Go luck with the switch to Apple! I hope it works out for you (:

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, do not forget to mention the battery duration of Fitbit devices. My wife owns an Apple iWatch and she may be very lucky if it lasts for max 30 hrs!! My Versa lasts 5 to 6 days on one charge depending on activities. 

Best Answer

That’s another reason I don’t want switch! My boyfriend charges his Apple Watch every night. I like tracking my sleep. 

Best Answer