Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa is not fully charging to 100%

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Have I broken my Versa?  It won't ever charge above 99%  . . .  I have turned it off and charged it.  I have left it alone for plenty of time to charge . . .  What haven't I done?  Do I need a factory reset?  Actually, that was done by accident by a student and it didn't help . . .  Any incite or help would be great.

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
31 REPLIES 31

Hi @KCHarting, good to see you here and my apologies for the late response and thank you for sharing that a factory reset was already performed.

By normal behavior in all rechargeable batteries, when the charge reach certain peak This is usual in the last percentage of the battery charge), it is possible it takes more time than usual. Of course this is talking in normal parameters and in general concepts.

In this case I would like to recommend the following article:Why isn't my battery charging?

Also try a soft restart, beside the factory reset your student already perform: How do I restart my Fitbit device?

Just a heads up, since this is not a topic related to the Fitbit app, I have relocated your post to our Versa board in order to maintain the readability of the Fitbit Community.

See you later and hope this helps.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@KCHarting I've had a number of fitbits over the years. In my experience, the only time they charge to 100% is when they are brand new, right before you update them and start using them. I stopped trying to figure it out a long time ago.

Best Answer

Same issue!! I just got my versa two months ago and noticed today its not charging to 100% 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue.  I have been told to try using a different USB port and to only let it charge for 2 hours even though I have been charging it the same way since I got it less than a year ago.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Me too...

But I guess 99 percent does the same job, no need to get OCD about it?!

UPDATE... As soon as I took my versa from the dock and checked on my wrist it registered 100 percent, so sounds like a software issue to me

Best Answer

I have the same issue. My Fitbit Versa will not charge to 100%. It will charge to 99% and stop no matter how long I leave it on charge.  If I don't take it off the charger at 99% it actually starts losing charge !!! Why? What  can be done to fix this? Does anyone know?

Best Answer
0 Votes

One thing I noticed, when I charge it with my real iphone adapter it takes a full 100 but when I use a generic adapter I keep at work, that is when it takes 99.... is that something that could be your issue too? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
No, I use the Fitbit Versa Charger...but thank you...Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

OK, so just a quick update - now that I have been using my Versa for six months plus I find it will regularly charge to a registered 100%, so perhaps things work out as the battery becomes somehow "conditioned" from multiple charges?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, it will only charge to 99% no matter how long it is left on the charger.  I even bought new chargers and that didn't help either. After it charges to the 99% if I don't take it off the charger it starts "dropping " down in charge status/numbers. Why? And what can be done to correct this? Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Me too! And now it losing charge by 10% while I sleep 

Best Answer

I have called Fitbit, but all they said, was to try doing things to save the battery,  the issue is it isn't charging the battery to 100 %... hasn't in a long time !!!  Not happy with their response....I even bought a new charger...no help... 

Best Answer

The new firmware update finally fixed it.  My watch charges to 100 % again!

Best Answer

Where would I find this update? 🙂 If you could share, I'd appreciate it! ☺️

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit is brand new and will not charge to 100%.  Should I take it back?

Best Answer
0 Votes

No there is a software update.  The newest update fixes that

Best Answer
0 Votes

My phone is not showing an available update.  I am operating Version 70.7.21
When charging, I can only charge to 99% and as soon as I unplug from the charger, it drops to 97%.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone. Sorry for the late response, I'm here to help you. 

If the battery on your Versa smartwatches is not charging or it's draining quickly, I'd recommend making sure you did follow as described below to solve the issue: 

- Restart your watch as follows: How do I restart my Fitbit device?

- If your Versa does not charge, see: Why isn't my Fitbit device's battery charging?

On a side note, as per the description of your posts, it seems that your watches have insufficient power source. Where do you charge your tracker? Have you checked if by any chance the USB port or outlet is faulty? If you haven't done so, try a different port. A UL-certified wall charger will also work. Don't use a USB hub. 

Here are some of the best tips to charge your Fitbit:

• Use only genuine Fitbit charging cables
  • Use only UL-certified wall chargers
  • Avoid USB battery packs
  • Charge at room temperature

For charging purposes, your charging cable can be plugged into any USB power source, including but not limited to:

• A computer
  • A Wall A/C to USB adapter, commonly found with smartphones
  • A DC to USB adapter (vehicle power port)

If your Versa's battery is or keeps draining, see: Can I extend my Fitbit device's battery life?

Also, as @SunsetRunner has suggested, please make sure that your Versa (Lite/2/SE) is already up-to-date. For more information, see: How do I update my Fitbit device?

Thanks for your help and advice @SunsetRunner. I'm glad to hear that your Versa Lite's battery is working fine after the latest firmware update.

I look forward to hearing from you all, keep me posted.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer