Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa is not fully charging to 100%

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Have I broken my Versa?  It won't ever charge above 99%  . . .  I have turned it off and charged it.  I have left it alone for plenty of time to charge . . .  What haven't I done?  Do I need a factory reset?  Actually, that was done by accident by a student and it didn't help . . .  Any incite or help would be great.

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
31 REPLIES 31

Folks I promise you the only thing that will fix your watch if it only charges to 99 percent is the update to os 4.1.3.  It just rolled out and they are doing it in phases.  I attached the link.  https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2302

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just purchased my Fitbit Versa 2 and the first time I charged it, it would not charge above 99 percent. I assumed it was because I had it set to always on but now I turned it off for the second charge and it still won’t charge to 100 percent.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Google fitbit updates.  The latest one fixes that glitch.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello there @Vsangel, welcome on board. Thanks for the details provided about your Versa 2's battery behavior. Please follow the tips and recommendations provided in this post.

As @SunsetRunner mentioned, if you haven't already please make sure you update to the newest software for your Versa Smartwatch. It's important to always have the watch on the newest software version so that it runs smoothly along with the Fitbit app

If you have any difficulty updating your Fitbit device, review these troubleshooting tips.

I'll be around if you need further help.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got my versa 2 two ago, charging it for the first time, and it's already not charging to 100%.. I also just did an update this morning... this is disappointing..

Best Answer
0 Votes

I purchased the Versa 2 a couple months ago, it has the current firmware 71.6.19, but still always charges to 99%. I don't know if @MarreFitbit doesn't understand the actual problem, but none of the solutions provided address or fix the problem. They seem like generic copy/paste responses, not responses to the actual specific problem reported here.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have the versa lite. That happened to me for like 4 months until this
last update came. Try a hard reset and reinstall update.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Replying in March of 2023 here, I've had my Versa 2 now for a few weeks only. Experiencing the same thing while docked on charge, only gets up to 99% then stops. But once I remove the watch and then check, it is at 100. Seems to be just a hiccup while charging, but fixes itself once taken off the charge. I hope this helps someone else!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you, it seems to be better...Sent from my Galaxy
Best Answer
0 Votes

Versa 2 user. Same issue as everyone here. Followed every guideline regarding charging, software is up to date, tried multiple factory resets. Battery never gets to 100, and it immediately starts dropping if I leave it charged once it hits 99%. When I charge overnight it’s never above 85% or so in the morning.

An example: I just charged it, came back a few hours later and it was at 84%. I disconnected and reconnected it to the charger, came back a few minutes later and it was at 90%. Came back an hour later and it was at 88%. There was no chance of user error causing this. 

It is unreasonable to expect the user to always remove the Fitbit from the charger at the exact moment it hits peak charge, so short of that what am I supposed to do?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I understand your frustration. I bought a new fitbit and so far no issues.   Sent from my Galaxy
Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the same issue. My Fitbit Versa 2 has being on the charger for 20 hours. But I have got this Fitbit logo that keeps appearing and disappearing. It was working fine yesterday morning but then needed to charge. I charged it but nothing is working. I’ve tried holding the button restart it for more than 30 secs. But nothing is happening. I’ve cleaned it. My charger isn’t broken as it works on my mothers Versa and hers charges. It’s definitively plugged in 

Best Answer
0 Votes