Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa is reporting extremely high heartrate all the time.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Since Saturday evening my versa has been showing extremely high heart rate all the time. Resting heart rate is reporting peak numbers and when I work out I should basically have died from a heart attack. I have restarted multiple times and reset to factory defaults this morning. I am ready to go back to my charge2 if this doesn't resolve itself soon.  

Best Answer
105 REPLIES 105

Me too!  Going on the third day now.  😞 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Has this issue been resolved for you as of yet?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank for taking the time to try the tips I posted @moogle90k! Our team is already aware of this inconvenience and working towards a solution, so I will ask you to be patient while they solve it. As soon as I have a response, I'll keep you posted! 

@VBran, I hope you are doin' fine! As I mentioned, our specialized team is working on it, but we as moderators, have not received any updates about. I will ask you to be patient. 😉

I really appreciate your time guys! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi! 

I've tried all of the above tricks but nothing worked, I've been sitting on my couch for over an hour and my Versa is reporting a 90 HR. Issues started yesterday, the Versa would not show any HR, steps, and only gave me the basic sleeping info, although it would still sync with my phone and vibrate to prompt movement.

Can you help?

Best Answer

Hey @mmarta, welcome aboard! Let me give you a hand on these inconveniences: 

- If your Versa seems to be tracking too high readings even though you are not exercising, I will ask you to review the factors that might be affecting your BPM in this help article. 

- If none of them apply in your case, please try to turn OFF/ON your heart rate monitor through the settings of your Versa. 

- If it is only giving you simplified sleep data, make sure that you are wearing your Versa correctly and if so, please restart it. 

Let me know how it goes! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your reply, I've tried everything but no change. 

The sleep data are back to normal but my resting heart rate is still around 80. 

Can you advise?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Im not saying this to be rude but they have been saying the known issue since charge 2. Then when ionic came it has been the same reply. I have most of them(except versa) and none fixed. Tried all the correct positioning, restarts, etc.. The only accurate one(compared to strap) is my original charge hr. I mean its response is almost identical. My theory is all the added features interfere some how. Im not sure but the " its a known problem" has been used for almost 2 years now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,  I just got of the phone with support for the same issue.  This is the 2nd Versa we own and is for my daughter.  They said it is known and working on it.  Why can I not get a new or refurbished one in the interim.  This is the primary reason I got the device to match my wife's.  This appears to been known for 5+ Months....please either provide a replacement or a timeline.

Thanks

Neil

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nope, and no answer from Fitbit. It appears it is a "known" issue. Mine is basically useless at this point. I am completely disappointed with Fitbit. I spent money on the limited edition Versa as well! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey guys! I hope you are doin' fine! 

I appreciate that you have taken the time to try the tips that I posted above, to try to fix this issue with your Versa tracking too high heart rate all the time. Let me explain to you guys that our team is already aware of this but may not be able to provide a fix in the immediate future. They'll continue to monitor the situation.

We understand that this isn't the resolution you're hoping for, but rest assured we're always working to improve our products.

Have a nice day! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried that and no that does not work

Best Answer
0 Votes

what is the update? My rhr and hr are still higher than it should be. Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes

The versa is a joke. I forgot mine on the bathroom vanity all day on Monday. I didn’t put it on until I went to bed Monday night. I sync it, only to find out that my vanity must go jogging all **ahem** day while I’m at work. It got it’s heart rate up to 186 at one point. Absolutely ridiculous. Zero stars. Do not recommend. The fact that these problems are never addressed gives me no confidence in the brand. 

Best Answer

I am experiencing the same thing now, starting at the beginning of this week. I called customer support and they were helpful. I performed all the same troubleshooting steps provided in this thread, which were the same as the ones provided by the support rep. Is this a known defect again? Has it somehow been reintroduced? I take my exercise and metrics very seriously now that I am training for a marathon. This is horrible timing for something like this to happen.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes

Any updates?  I got the versa in over one month ago. I’m well aware of my heart rate and fitness level. Take no meds and fit. 480151B9-F2FB-4951-8D27-62374F6AACA2.png

D1BD4788-A64D-4CC0-A292-088A5E8E7A8E.png

I purchased the versa bc ionic wasn’t charging. So I’m thinking I’ll go back to polar. But I spent so much on this versa less than two months ago. What’s the deal. I know how to wear it and care for it. Troubleshoot etc. I wear to sleep. And all day. It charges while I shower daily 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit Versa has one job - it’s an activity tracker.  Its failing.

Like fellow user Jerecki, my Versa is registering a heart rate of over 150bpm when it is sitting on the bathroom counter.

Fitbit has no fix.  Nada - after months of complaints from multiple customers.  Let’s be clear: there is no fix for a bug that is making their one product useless.  In most businesses, this would mean a critical 24/7 effort to fix the bug and compensate customers.

i need to find something else.

Best Answer

TOTALLY AGREE! FITBIT NEEDS TO CLOSE ITS BUSINESS-- it is failing in providing a useful activity tracker. Its not standing by its product or its customers.  

Customer support is no longer addressing the high heart rate issue.  They simply say they are "working on the problem"  NO eta in sight and they've known about it (and have been working on it) for months.  

USELESS CUSTOMER SUPPORT ON THIS ONE! PICK ANOTHER WATCH 

Best Answer

I have read all of the postings over the course of a year or more.....how is there no update? There is a reputation associated with this brand but yet there doesn't seem to be much being done to preserve confidence from consumers!

Best Answer

Yesterday, my Fitbit apparently went jogging while it was on the charger all day. It had a resting heart rate of 153. Needless to stay These readings mess up my overall calculated heart rate average 

Best Answer

Just noticed that my heart rate went all the way above 170 last night. Is this a glitch? https://twitter.com/messages/media/1140140368685457414

Best Answer