Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa is reporting extremely high heartrate all the time.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Since Saturday evening my versa has been showing extremely high heart rate all the time. Resting heart rate is reporting peak numbers and when I work out I should basically have died from a heart attack. I have restarted multiple times and reset to factory defaults this morning. I am ready to go back to my charge2 if this doesn't resolve itself soon.  

Best Answer
105 REPLIES 105
yes. It is a glitch. contact customer support to get a replacement versa.
Best Answer

Scared the heck out of me as I was reviewing past nights of sleep. 🤬😫

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Versa is about a year old - got it in July 2018. It had been working great until 3 days ago, now the HR meter is wildly inaccurate as others are stating. However, unlike some of the others, mine reads empty/zero when the watch is not worn.

I noticed there was a software update recently and wondered if this is a bug, but now I've found this thread and I suspect there's a hardware issue. I have been wearing more sunblock lately so I've just cleaned the whole watch including the HR sensors, very thoroughly with rubbing alcohol. If that doesn't help then the sensor is going bad.

My Fitbit is nearly useless to me if the HR sensor doesn't read accurately.

Best Answer

Well, great. Cleaned everything and factory reset my Versa, and it's reading 168 BPM as I sit here typing.

Best Answer
I’m guessing it’s a glitch

Frustrating
Best Answer

I had a Fitbit Blaze for almost 2 years with no issues, and gave it to my sister. She's been wearing it about a year and the HR metering works as expected. Pretty annoying for a device as expensive as a Versa to crap out after less than a year. In this thread it sounded like some folks had problems from the start. Ugh!

@Jasonvado wrote:
I’m guessing it’s a glitch

Frustrating

Best Answer
It spiked again (according to my app) 209 at 8pm. Was up around there for
several minutes. I think I would have noticed
Best Answer
0 Votes
My Versa was a week or two less than a year old, and I opened a chat with
Fitbit support. In about 10 minutes they had done all the diagnosis &
troubleshooting they needed to, and sent me a link to order a replacement
device for $0, or to get $50 off a different Fitbit. There is nothing
better than a Versa right now, so that was an easy decision.

I hope my replacement's HR meter works for more than 11 months! My wife's
Versa is about 7 months old and she hasn't had any issues with it.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hej!!

I’ve had my Fitbit for 3 months on without issues. Since Saturday night my heart rate is constantly over at least 140, during workouts I’m way over 200 (basically dead, never happened even during the toughest work outs when the Fitbit worked fine) and sleep tracking is down to simplified mode. It says I’ve been burning more than 6000 calories as day with an average of 500 active minutes. I’m it not that superhuman.

I’be tired restating, factory settings, disconnecting and reconnecting, letting it run out of battery to force restart but nothing worked. 

Please help ☺️

Best Answer
0 Votes

Also I’ve tried heart rate on, off, changing dominant wrist, actually putting it on the other wrist, placement and tightness along the wrist.....

Best Answer
0 Votes
It seems to be a glitch in the system.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hej, thanks for coming back so quickly.

Are you sure in this case? I’ve been reading comments from long time ago that reported this and mine was fine until last week.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My versa has been glitching with abnormally high HR for 5 days now after around 6 month and of working perfectly. I’ve done all the troubleshooting and still the same. I now have HR switched off and it’s basicalky an expensive pedometer that tells the time m. Now I find that it’s been an issue for almost 12 months with no fix in sight? Not good enough Fitbit! I’m now cinsidering Garmin or Apple Watch because this’s is pathetic. I wonder if the australian consumer watchdog might be interested in hearing about this?

Best Answer
I guess Apple Watch heart rate monitor is legit!!
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jasonvado wrote:
I guess Apple Watch heart rate monitor is legit!!

The only ‘legit’ way to monitor your heart rate through a Watch is by pairing it with a chest strap. So no I’m not saying Apple Watch HR is legit but from my research Apple isn’t having a hardware glitch reading HR at over 150bpm while atvrest for almost 12 months with no fix available to customers! My husbands Garmin is over 3 years old and has never glitched like the Versa. And i have mentioned before HR monitoring (even if not 100% accurate via the wrist) is an important feature when I consider something like a fitbit. To have it malfunction like this with no fix is unacceptable. Ergo I will probably end up with a competitors watch tracker (like Apple or Garmin) if fitbit doesn’t fix this. Also the versa is my 3rd fitbit. It’s also the only one that has malfunctioned. thanks for your response.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just contact customer service - they will send you a replacement.  I had the same problem- it was NO hassle - Fitbit replaced it without a whimper. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

... and this was my 3rd Fitbit and never had a problem with previous - my Versa failed at 6 months.  Contact customer service and they will replace it. I’m mad I waited so long to complain - but I was busy! 

Best Answer

@PlonxSF wrote:

Just contact customer service - they will send you a replacement.  I had the same problem- it was NO hassle - Fitbit replaced it without a whimper. 

COntacted them today. Hoping a replacement fixes the issue because I really like the versa. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

So this is still a known issue, but Fitbit refuses to offer a replacement and I own 2 Versas. How long does it take to fix a year plus known issue? Unacceptable.  I've asked to speak with a supervisor/manager but basically told I have to keep this useless watch and there is nothing they can do. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
There's no fix except replacing the watch once some basic diagnostics have
been tried. If the watch is less than a year old, it's covered under
warranty, at least in the United States. If it's older than a year...
Best Answer
0 Votes