Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa is reporting extremely high heartrate all the time.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Since Saturday evening my versa has been showing extremely high heart rate all the time. Resting heart rate is reporting peak numbers and when I work out I should basically have died from a heart attack. I have restarted multiple times and reset to factory defaults this morning. I am ready to go back to my charge2 if this doesn't resolve itself soon.  

Best Answer
105 REPLIES 105

Contact support while it’s still under warranty. I am from Costa Rica and bought my Versa while on a trip to NY. They sent me a replacement. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I’m having the exact same issue with my replacement (read “refurbished Versa someone else sent back”)

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

It's 2020, I've had a replacement sent, there have been 3 versa updates and this is STILL an issue. I literally get up and walk across the room and next thing my hr is being read in the cardio zone. It is immensely frustrating, it is absolutely ruining my workouts as I have to pause and wait for at LEAST 10 MINUTES before the hr monitor goes down into the 90s when I can feel quite clearly from my pulse that my hr is 55bpm. I spent £180 on an item that simply does not work, I don't know if I can get a third replacement because you'll likely not do that. I will never, ever buy another fitbit. Ever. Beyond disappointing. 

Best Answer
I’ve switched to a polar h10!
Best Answer

SOLVED!  Same issue, I believe it started after a firmware update but I wasn't in my normal routine (I'm building a patio solo with long days of hard labor so the high HR and calorie burn seemed reasonable).  My normal resting heart rate is around 60 but Fitbit Versa was showing 100-180.  It was the loss of sleep tracking that caused me to realize something was wrong. I tried the suggested fix of turning off the HR monitor, restarting, and turning it on again.  Did this 3 times.  No joy.  But then I:

1. closed the app on my phone,

2. turned off HR monitor on Versa,

3. turned off (not restarted) the Versa and left off for about a minute, then

4. turned on Versa,

5. turned on HR monitor,

6. opened the app and

7. synched with the app.

HR now 59.  Fixed!  Good luck!  Shame on you Fitbit!!!

BTW: I'm NOT a jogger! I do yoga, calisthenics, resistance training, HIIT, Pilates, metabolic cardio, and gobs of yard and garden work!

Best Answer

Still having the issue apparently and it's 2020. I was worried something was wrong.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for posting! 

I just bought the Versa 2 for myself on mothers day and thought something was wrong with me. I will try the instructions you posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit versa is showing an extremely high heart rate, I really want to fix this. Are they working on a solution at Fitbit?

Best Answer

I have the same issue and battery runs out in about 6 to 7 hours.  I reported this to support over a month ago and they said they are working on a “fix” but still nothing.  Looks like this has been going on since 2018...appears to be pretty much a worthless device!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Guess my battery also runs out much quicker than it used to!

Best Answer
My screen went blank but was still tracking. I gave up and bought a Garmin. My daughters versa died the same way about a month after mine.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
My screen died soon after and I gave up and bought a Garmin. My daughter's Versa died the same way about a month after mine.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Versa has been reading high for the last two weeks I have tried turning it on and off in the settings, it works ok for a short time then goes back to reading very high heart rate, are you trying to fix this problem with a patch in the software updates? If I can’t resolve this I will be forced to purchase an Apple Watch and that will be disappointing 

Best Answer
I already switched to the Apple Watch
Best Answer
0 Votes

I reset my versa at least three times and it’s still reporting really high currently 141 while I’m sitting still - not real happy - has this watch two years band broke after 6 months and now this - it doesn’t seem to be correctable 🤔😡

Best Answer

I'm guessing from what I've read so far that the high heart rate problem does not have a fix. I have to reset my versa lite every few hours or it says I've burned 7-8,000 calories a day. Please fix this. I love my versa. This is super frustrating.

Best Answer

Yes, I'm having the same issue.  For a moment I thought it could have been the stress caused by back to work/school... but if those numbers were right I would've have a heart attack! So the question is, how do we fix this? And I'd be skinny with 6000 calories burned a day!! 

Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having this exact same issue. Have already followed all of the recommendations for fixing it and nothing has worked. When I emailed Fitbit support, I received an automated response that email support is no longer offered. So what do we do when the product we purchased does not work, this issue, which looks like it’s been around for two years and has not been fixed, and there is no support?! If there is a moderator on this forum, please advise.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem. Ever since I installed the update on Tuesday the Fitbit started recording very high heat rates and the battery would run down in less than a day. After 48 hours the display has gone black. The app is still synced and it vibrates and records steps but nothing shows on the screen. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but there is no fix. The Versa is a lost cause. Fitbit replaced mine about 2 years ago after one problem, and then this. I just had to bite the bullet and toss it in the recycling. I now have the Charge 4. It is not nearly as great as the Versa. I don’t love it at all. It’s a guy’s watch. But it works, and it’s waterproof. The Versa is so lovable - so feature rich and pleasing, but Fitbit never got it right, mechanically. Looking back over my history, I really rely on my Fitbit to stay on a healthy track. I wish that wasn’t the case, but it is. I need the metrics. My Apple Watch just isn’t as good - and the software isn’t as good as Fitbit. Sigh.

Best Answer
0 Votes