Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa is tracking my heart rate too high

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hey community!

Since the Update which included the new zones the Heart rate tracker isn't functioning properly. I'm now achieving the weekly goal of 150 zone minutes in just a few minutes. It's tracking my heart rate way too high.

The reseting didn't help with that. 

Do you have any ideas? 

Sorry for the worse English. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Hello there @Anja_B, welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for sharing the details about the issue with your Versa and for trying to troubleshoot it before reaching out. 

Heart-rate tracking can be affected by several factors including air temperature and device location on your arm For more information, I recommend you to check  and How do I track heart rate with my Fitbit device? and What factors can affect my heart-rate reading on my Fitbit device?  

If your heart-rate tracker seems inaccurate after taking the recommendations above into consideration, please reply to the following questions:

• What were you doing when you noticed the problem? If you were exercising, specifically what types of exercise?
  • Were you wearing the Fitbit device particularly tight or loose?
  • What was the position of the Fitbit device on your wrist? 

Look forward to your reply. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @MarreFitbit!

Thank you for your Tipps!

But unfortunately they didn't solve the issue. 

What were you doing when you noticed the problem? If you were exercising, specifically what types of exercise?

The issue occurs during all normal activities like sitting, walking and exercise (yoga). 

Were you wearing the Fitbit device particularly tight or loose?

It's not sitting to loose (not wiggling around) but also not to tight. 

What was the position of the Fitbit device on your wrist?

The same position as any watch

I really hope you can help me because otherwise I'm very happy with the device!

Best Answer

@Anja_B You're welcome! I appreciate you had followed the tips and recommendations provided above.

Since this sounds a bit more serious, I've created a support case on your behalf - you should receive an email from Customer Support at the email you used to register with the Community forums. Note that we may take a bit long to get back to you since due to recent events affecting our operations, support options are limited and wait times are longer than usual. 

We hope your issue is solved soon. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem. Today I have walked 3085 steps and have 170 active minutes. I live at 7000’ in Southwest Colorado. My average heart rate is 85, I have 4 minutes peak, 45 minutes cardio and 72 minutes fat burning. My watch is snug above my wrist bone.  Is there a fix for this?

Best Answer