Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa is tracking very high calories

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi everyone, 

I have done a lot of research before posting something on here in an attempt to try and understand but to no success. 

Today I have done my weight workout (570 calories) followed by a walk (600 calories). In total I have burned 1170 calories from these exercises however my Fitbit is currently telling me I’ve burned 3390 and this is increasing every couple of minutes. From what I have read this is the BMR that Fitbit ‘assumes’ you are loosing from just breathing etc however is there anyway of turning that off? I just want to be able to see what calories I am burning from exercise and day to day routine etc not what Fitbit is assuming.

Is this something that can be done? Thank you in advance.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi @Ellie12345, welcome to our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear that your Fitbit Versa is tracking a high amount of calories. I totally understand how you feel about this and I appreciate the time spent trying to get this issue resolved before contacting our forums.

If you haven't done so, please restart your Versa as described in this help article. After this, check out this help page, which explains how your Fitbit device calculates your calories burned. Finally, monitor your watch and see if it tracks your calories accurately.

Keep me posted on the outcome.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes