Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa is unable to complete the update.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I can get my new versa to sync with my phone, connect

to my wifi, but it won’t do the intial update necessary to start using it. I have tried restarting both devices, removing versa from app, removing and reinstalling app.. I don’t know what else to try. It goes instantly to 5% downloaded and stays there.. tried for over 24 hours, no progress. Very disappointed as was excited to get started using it. Any suggestions?

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hello @KerEng747, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for having shared with us your experience. Thanks for letting me know about the troubleshooting steps you've tried already in hopes to resolve this issue. At this moment I would like to suggest you to follow these steps:

Before you begin the firmware update, make sure your watch is plugged into the charger and in range of your Wi-Fi network during the update. For best results, use your home or work Wi-Fi network. If you've never connected your watch to WiFi, see How do I connect my Fitbit watch to Wi-Fi?. If your Versa is having trouble updating with WiFi, please try the following:

1. Make sure your watch is connected to the Wi-Fi network you want to use. 
  2. Move your watch closer to your router.
  3. Make sure your router is connected to the internet. 
  4. Restart your watch by holding the back (left) and bottom buttons until you see the Fitbit logo.
  5. Try again to update your watch.

If the update fails, restart your mobile device and try to update again. If your Versa can't update over WiFi follow the on-screen instructions in the Fitbit app to update your watch over Bluetooth instead. Note that firmware updates over Bluetooth may take significantly longer to complete. If the Versa is having trouble updating through Bluetooth try the following:

1. Try turning Bluetooth on and off on your phone.
  2. Restart your watch by holding the back (left) and bottom buttons until you see the Fitbit logo.
  3. Try again to update your watch.
  4. Restart your mobile device and try to update again.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes