Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa is unable to connect to GPS

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've had my Fitbit Versa since January and had no problems with it until now. Previously, it would always connect to GPS through Bluetooth and sync my running however, for some reason last week the watch has stopped connecting.

Before and during a workout, the watch is always on 'connecting' which means after a workout I have to disrupt the Bluetooth connection because the watch refuses to sync to the Fitbit app. As I've disrupted the connect, my exercise then won't upload to Strava. If I then manually enter my exercise onto Strava, it then feeds back to my Fitbit App and skews my steps and calorie burn data. 

This has been going on for a week now and I have tried everything I can think of. I've disconnected everything, restarted my Bluetooth on my phone and reset the watch. Any help would be appreciated as this isn't the first Fitbit product that I've had problems with. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
22 REPLIES 22

Well spoke too soon. Opening the app and running it in the background did work, but not for long - now the Versa connects when I open the app, but reverts to “connecting” when my phone screen locks. This is beyond annoying.

Best Answer

I have a new Versa 2 after my Versa 1 stopped working after a swim. I opted for  the Versa 2 (instead of cheaper option) for the GPS tracking of runs. The problem is that sometimes the GPS tracks and sometimes not.... never sure why it is or isn't.

I tried the help desk... after 30 minutes with them I still couldn't get a proper answer and had to go.

This is a mystery and if my Fitbit doesn't do the tracking of runs... I'd rather use Strava.;. it is just annoying not to know in advance if it is working or not....

Best Answer
0 Votes

Agree!!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes