Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa is very slow and unresponsive at times after latest update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Updated my Fitbit Versa yesterday and I'm having nothing but issues with it, after resetting it half a dozen times the watch doesn't respond to most touch commands and will restart at random times. I had no issues before this last update.

Best Answer
20 REPLIES 20

@FarrellH are you using any 3rd party clockfaces? It may not be optimized and causing Versa to misbehave.

Marrrmaduke | Canada
Charge HR, Blaze, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire HR, Versa Lite, Versa SE, Aria

Best Answer
0 Votes

No, using the stock clock face.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@FarrellH and no 3rd party apps?

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just the fitbit app

Best Answer
0 Votes

@FarrellH I mean on your Versa. Or is it pretty clean, just after factory reset? Also, just to verify, have you tried rebooting several times?

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m also having this issue as of a couple of days ago. Touchscreen is very unresponsive and I have to poke the screen, hard, multiple times to get a response. Swiping is also not working very well. I’ve restarted several times and I have no third-party anything installed. Suggestions?

Best Answer

The device is clean and factory reset multiple times

Best Answer
0 Votes

@PNWMelissa @FarrellH I see. I know it's a hassle, but I would perform a factory reset (reset versa to factory defaults) again. This will wipe your Versa, so please sync first. You will also need to delete your tracker from the Paired Devices list in your phone Bluetooth settings. You can perform factory reset by going to Settings on your Versa, scrolling down to About and tapping Factory Reset. Once Versa resets to factory defaults, you will need to set it up again by replacing the old device in the Fitbit mobile app. Good luck!

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still very buggy after full reset and re-sync 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, same for me. I’ve done two factory resets, uninstalled and reinstalled
the app, unpaired and re-paired the Versa twice. Hopefully this is going to
be fixed soon.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@PNWMelissa @FarrellH Is it still unresponsive after factory reset?

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, even after factory resetting two times. It takes several swipes or taps to complete any task. Factory reset was very difficult to do since the touchscreen is barely responding. In addition, I’m getting an error when I open the Leaderboard app:

D90A86A4-416F-4BC0-A5EA-1DE4F2895DCF.jpeg

Best Answer
0 Votes

@PNWMelissa leaderboard app requires internet permission. To grant it, just open Fitbit mobile app, tap on Versa icon, tap on Apps, tap on Leaderboard, Permissions and toggle Internet ON. Sync afterwards. Regarding touchscreen, obviously this shouldn't be happening. One more thing to try is removing WIFI from Fitbit mobile app and syncing your tracker. Reboot Versa afterwards. You might give it a go and see if it helps. At this point though, it's hard to say what's causing the issue. I would recommend reaching out to Customer Support, you as well @FarrellH, to guide you through the next steps. This might be a hardware issue. 

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer

Hey @PNWMelissa, I hope you are doin' fine! I appreciate the time you have taken to try to fix these issues with your Versa. Since they persists, I have escalated your case with our Support team so they can further assist you. So please keep an eye on your inbox. 

@FarrellH, thanks for trying the tips along this thread. Let me ask you this, have you contacted our Support team, as @Marrrmaduke suggested? If so, what was their response? 

Keep me posted guys! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

My versa 2 lags or is unresponsive at times. To fix this temporarily,  TURN ON ALWAYS ON DISPLAY when you can manage to get to that setting. In the meantime, reach out to support and they will send a replacement. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

That would be helpful except we can’t get to the settings. The screen is freezing before I can get to settings. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

try resetting the device. Its a hit or miss but try different things until
you can get there and turn on always on display.

The latest update fixed the lagging issue

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am resetting my watch everyday for the last week and it is always slow and it is not adding my excise to it when I have done it 

Best Answer

This didnt fix it to me.  I'm experiencing exactly the same as described above by other users.  Watch is so laggy.   Syncing isn't working.  I've restarted, factory reset many times now and cant even get the phone to find the Versa anymore.  Very disappointing. 

Best Answer
0 Votes